Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Am I having a miscarriage??

Sunshine3295 · 05/02/2022 09:32

Hi everyone, first pregnancy so feeling completely out of my depths here… found out I was pregnant after about a million home phone tests. Then at bang on 5 weeks, I started having mild cramps and a brown discharge. This then developed into brown blood, then dark red blood. Hard to know how much it is, I’ve been wearing pads which have been relatively clean, but when I wee or wipe there seems to be a fair bit of dark red blood with some small clots in. I’ve kinda just assumed it’s a mc now and although it’s not been confirmed I’ve kind of found peace and accepted it is. Gp fobbed me off and said there was nothing they can do and to ring 111. Can’t stop crying!!!!!! Anyone else had similar?

OP's posts:
Please
or

WeRTheOnesWeHaveBeenWaitingFor · 05/02/2022 09:35

You need to contact your emergency genealogical ward. They will scan you and check. I was told that about about half of pregnancies where you bleed end in miscarriage. I hope you are one of the many lucky ones Flowers

Please
or

odey9621 · 05/02/2022 09:40

It definitely sounds like but you need to be at the hospital they will check your blood and check your HCG levels xx

Please
or

Sunshine3295 · 05/02/2022 09:42

Thank you for your reply xx even since writing this the bleeding has increased and was more of a gush this time so I am doubtful but thank you for your hopeful words. My doctors were so rude they just kind of said it’s too early and just wait as if to say why are you bothering us? :/ xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

odey9621 · 05/02/2022 09:43

U should definitely get yourself to hospital so times people can bleed so much they need a blood transfusion, yea exactly like my drs! But they did refer me to the hospital xx

Please
or

Rrrob · 05/02/2022 09:48

It sounds like it might be. Drs can be so thoughtless sometimes, but the reality is there is nothing they can do if you’re having a mc. I had one last year and I just knew because the bleeding was so bad. Can you contact EPU? They can do bloods to confirm for you.

Please
or

Sunshine3295 · 05/02/2022 09:58

I’m waiting for a nurse to ring me and hoping she will refer me to the epu as I am unable to self refer myself. Ohhhhh this is horrible would not wish it on my worst enemy xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

WeRTheOnesWeHaveBeenWaitingFor · 05/02/2022 11:04

Even if there is nothing they can do they need to monitor you.
I ended up having a procedure because they found my miscarriage was because I had a cervical ectopic pregnancy. Your GP is insensitive at best and dangerous at worst.

Please
or

Sunshine3295 · 05/02/2022 12:00

Booked in for a scan at the EPAU on Tuesday to pretty much just confirm it. Nervous! Never been anywhere like this x

OP's posts:
Please
or

ExtraPlinky · 05/02/2022 12:24

If the bleeding gets worse or you are in any pain do be persistent about seeing a doctor this weekend. I hope you are ok xxx

Please
or

Sunshine3295 · 05/02/2022 18:40

Update, the pain and bleeding got worse this afternoon and I passed a huge clot which I knew what it was instantly. Went to a and e, after a long long wait had a scan and mc was confirmed. Thank you all for your messages it meant a lot xx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.