Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Medical management help

Bubblesandballoons · 23/12/2021 09:34

I had misoproctol yesterday morning and had some light cramps all day. I was already lightly bleeding so thought would be a quick process. Instead the cramps stopped last night and the bleeding is no heavier today. Is it likely to work now the cramping has stopped? Has anyone had any experience they could share? Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chunkymonkey13 · 23/12/2021 09:39

Hi,

Sorry you are going through this. Yes I had this in the summer. The bleeding didn’t stop for 1.5 weeks but the cramping did. It was like a light flow for a while. It could mean you have passed the pregnancy but the lining of your womb still needs to shed, or I’m sure that’s what they told me. Sending a virtual hug 💐

Please
or

Hoping4second · 23/12/2021 13:18

Yes I wasn't expecting it to last more than 24 hours when I took the pills but it did - 7 days for me, hospital said up to two weeks when I rang them

Please
or

Bubblesandballoons · 23/12/2021 13:28

Thanks for the reply @Chunkymonkey13. I went for a walk today hoping it may get everything going and had a few twinges and nothing else. Then I have just been to loo and it just fell out. After reading all the stories of how painful it is I was expecting something similar to when I was in labour with my son. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth though and just be grateful it’s passed with no issue and we can now look to the future and all being well try again soon. Sorry to hear you have been through this too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bubblesandballoons · 23/12/2021 13:33

@Hoping4second thanks for the reply it’s horrid just having to wait and see isn’t it, I just assumed as I was already bleeding it would be quick and from reading online very painful, but it wasn’t

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.