My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

menstural cycle after miscarriage

9 replies

blondie14 · 10/12/2007 21:44

hello, i was 5 weeks pregnant and started bleeding. a scan showed no sac but my saga continued as my hormone levels didnt drop to normal till week after. it is exactly one calender month since my hormone levels returned to normal but no sign of a period. i have a few syptoms that could either be pregnancy or pmt such as sore boobs, bloated (extremly) constipation and loss of appitite. dont know if and when i am due my period, how soon did anyone else get their period after miscarriage?

OP posts:
potxola · 10/12/2007 22:25

Hi there, I am sorry this has happened to you. All I can say is that you are not alone in feeling like this. I have had 2 and in the second one the period took at least 2 months to come properly and hormonally I was a mess. You will feel ok once it comes. Talk to your miswife and she will reassure you.
Take care

honey2theb · 11/12/2007 00:10

sorry this has happened to you! It's horrible and i really feel for you!
i had 2 mc, didnt get period after first as went straight on contracepive implant - bad move!!! but after the second one, which was in August 2006, i think i had a period in oct, then nov and got pregnant. ( dd born in Sep) i think it varies from person to person though!
Do you want to be pregnant?

if you ovulated 2 weeks after, you would be 4 weeks pregnant wouldnt you? im sure you can do a test at 4 weeks?!

hugs xx

HeyThereGeorgieGirl · 11/12/2007 12:37

Hi Blondie. I had a ERPC for missed m/c on 2nd Nov (was 8 weeks pg) and still no sign of my periods returning. Am feeling horribly hormonal with HUGE hormonal bumps/spots on eith side of my chin and a huge one in the centre of my forehead. There's no way I can be pg. So I just keep hoping that AF will arrive soon and I can start feeling nromal again. I did read that it took one MN-er 53 days to get AF after m/c. Friend has suggested accupuncture to try and get cycles back to normal. Would do pg test if I were you. Least you'll know one way or another. Hope you feel better soon. It's a terrible shock to the system. xx

mistlethrush · 11/12/2007 12:42

Mixed results - 1st m/c erpc @ 10wks - didn't get back into cycle but kept on bleeding irregularly and heavily - eventually got doctors to listen properly and was eventually diagnosed with molar pregnancy...

2nd + 3rd m/c (after sucessful pg (smile)) both early and more like heavy, late period - periods started back into normal cycle quite quickly, although hormone levels took quite a while to drop.

If you think you might be +ve - take a test. If not, and you are worried, go to Dr - and, if necessary, keep on going back if things don't get back to normal soon.

Best of luck

Oblomov · 11/12/2007 13:16

Hi. We understand. I, like HeytherGeorgiegirl, had an ERPC, for a missed miscarriage, but mine was mid November. None the less, I am due on now, I am 28 days regular-as-clockwork, with NO SIGNS WHAT-SO-EVER, and can't wait for my period(AF).I would like to have one period, then try again. Right now, dh doesn't feel he could, but that is a different issue.
I just want my period to come, ASAP, and for things to settle down and get back to ... normal (???)So we do understand. We are here to support you.

blondie14 · 12/12/2007 20:17

thank you all for replying! cant believe how common m/c is!! well took a pg test and it came up positive, although not sure now wether to believe it as read on the internet that the hormone levels may still be from the last pregnancy. I didnt have a ERPC as my hormone levels dropped to about 20 and no sac seen on ultrasound. Really confused. This is my second miscarriage and with the first i did have a ERPC and my cycle returned to normal. sorry, am rambling on now.

OP posts:
mistlethrush · 12/12/2007 23:06

Well, I'd go to the doctor and ask for an opinion - although it did take me 2x af for me to get back to normal last autumn, so not necessarily anything to worry about.

Better to get checked out for confirmation either way...

Hope all's well

HeyThereGeorgieGirl · 13/12/2007 12:29

Blondie - I second mistle's advice. Could be that your hormones are still up and you're getting a flase positive. Or could be that you are pg. Better to get a blood test to know for sure. If you are pg then I wish you all the very best of luck. Sounds as if you're had a rough ride of it. Fingers crossed for you.

I think AF arrived on Tues 40+ days after ERPC. Very light period. But better than nothing. Unfortunately hormone lumps of face spreading like wildfire....look completely disgusting as the little buggers refuse to be covered by any type of spot concealer/make up. Short of walking round with paper bag on head will have to grin and bear it until they go down

poppy34 · 13/12/2007 21:54

so sorry this has happened to you but my periods took ages to get back after my m/c and hormones all over the place

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.