Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Positive Pregnancy test after D&C

zas3 · 24/10/2021 19:37

Hi all,

Just after others experience after a D&C?

I found out I had mmc at my 12 week scan. Did two rounds of medical management which didn’t work so had to have a D&C. Had the D&C on 29th September was told to wait 3 weeks to take a pregnancy test. It came back positive. Called the hospital advised to wait another test in a week and if still positive then they will scan me.

Has anyone else experienced this? What happened? Did you have to have another D&C.

I was asked on the phone whether there was a possibility that I could be pregnant, which I don’t think could be. But has this also happened to anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Conundrum12345 · 25/10/2021 17:12

Hi OP

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can give you my experience, I was still getting positive tests after my D&C. I was told to wait one week after my period to see if the tests were still positive. They were (albeit) fainter and a scanned showed up a lot of retained tissue left.

I asked for a hysterscopy, but they gave me tablets (third time) and I went back the following week. I had to beg for a hysterscopy, I mean really fight for it. It was done and there was tissue there that had calcified and causing ecoli.

I would suggest ringing the EPAU in the morning, asking for a scan and see what comes out of that conversation

Please
or

zas3 · 26/10/2021 09:29

Thank you, I’ve rung them and I’m off for a scan tomorrow. I just hope that my HCG levels are still high although I just want to be normal again! Thank you sharing your experience.

OP's posts:
Please
or

chasingtherainbow1 · 26/10/2021 09:52

The same happened to me so they booked me in for a scan. No retained tissue but it took 10 weeks for me to get a negative pregnancy test. They just seemed to go down really slowly. Fingers crossed it happens a lot sooner for you x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.