Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Unsure on miscarriage

Sasha1234 · 02/10/2021 11:35

Hi I found out I was pregnant 17.9.21. I took a clear blue weeks indicator 19.9.21 came back as 3+. Me and oh were unsure on what to do having just bought a house and having 3 teenagers it been a shock pregnancy. Anyway I booking into an abortion clinic were they said I was roughly 6 weeks. I decided against abortion and we make things work. I began bleeding the following Saturday on when on toilet and some small clots. I phoned for advise noone will do anything for 3 weeks. So I booked In for a private scan on 30.9.21 as I needed to know. They said I'm measuring 5 weeks 4 days and no heartbeat they firstly put it down as missed miscarriage but phoned the day after said it's now inconclusive and I have to wait two weeks and take a pregnancy test. They were meant to refer me to epu and now not doing anything. I keep getting brown stringy discharge not loads but enough for me to worry. I'm very confused as what to think I should be 8 weeks according to my dates. Has anyone else Been through anything like this and what was the outcome. I can't help but hold onto hope

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theworkingmama · 02/10/2021 16:05

Hi sorry I don’t have any advice , I’m currently waiting on a blood test result as I’ve had 2 positive tests but have heavy bleeding (5+3 roughly) I had booked in for a private scan next week, did you feel better going to the private scan and having more idea of what’s going on? I’m just wondering weather to cancel mine or not x

Please
or

Sasha1234 · 02/10/2021 16:52

Hi tbh I didn't if anything I felt worst. They told me at the scan they think its a missed miscarriage and then phoned me the next day to say we're now unsure so putting it down as inconclusive 🤷. My heads a mess coz I'm unsure if my baby has stopped growing or whether my dates are wrong and I'm 3 weeks earlier than I think . Are u still bleeding? Or was it a one off? The reason why I booked is because I was unsure myself but I'm even more confused now and due to covid noone will see u or do anything I have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens and she said I can book back in but I don't think I want to tbh. It may be different in your situation. Have u spoken to your gp to see if they can book u in for a scan? Sorry your going through this it's a horrible situation to be in it really does suck and it's mentally draining x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theworkingmama · 02/10/2021 17:34

I’m so sorry your going through this . Like you say it’s so much worse when no one wants to see you re covid and a minefield when your brain starts going into overdrive over every little detail . I have everything crossed for you that your dates are earlier x
I started bleeding yesterday light brown then today it was heavier like a period , when I had my daughter I also had this very early but it stopped eventually , problem is the urine test they did at hospital was negative so now my mind is all over the place , we booked a scan when we found out I was pregnant purely to see if it was multiples as I’m a fraternal twin myself but now I’m undecided to go :(

Please
or

Sasha1234 · 02/10/2021 18:24

I have had brown discharge for 5 days myself. It's sucks u can't be seen. There absolutely no support there at all. I would go , your situation is different to mine so u may get some answers that u need. I hope everything will be ok for u and that everything is ok. When have u booked the scan for? I really do hope u get answers.
The sickness is getting worst with me I just want to feel normal again. Waiting 2 weeks is going to be very hard. I personally would go to your scan and hope u get answers u may be worried about nothing and everything may be ok ❤️

OP's posts:
Please
or

CarrotCakeMuffins · 02/10/2021 18:44

Can you talk to your GP on Monday and ask them to refer you to EPU? You may be too early for a heartbeat which might be why they decided it was inconclusive. The GP / EPU may still tell you that you need to wait though. I know this is hard, sending hugs.

Please
or

Sasha1234 · 03/10/2021 11:34

I did phone last week and they told me to wait and see that why I booked a private scan thinking I would get answers but nothing. I will try phoning again tomorrow and explain everything that happening and whether they can refer me waiting is horrible as I just want to know what on earth is going on. It horrible

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sasha1234 · 16/10/2021 20:15

Hiya just seeing how u were workingmama. Did u have a scan afterwards? Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theworkingmama · 17/10/2021 07:49

Hi Sasha1234, how are you doing ? We went for a scan but sadly was a miscarriage I’ve been signed off work for 2 weeks due back Wednesday but think i will just work from home as one minute I’m fine the next I’m too emotional x

Please
or

LaurieBump · 11/11/2021 10:57

Hi
I'm hoping to get some advice/know what to expect.
I wasn't aware I was pregnant until Saturday just gone, and prior to that I had, had spotting, which I thought was my period starting - I think this might of just been the implantation, however I had quite a big bleed on the Wednesday prior to me finding out. It leaked through my pants onto my jeans, I've also had a large bleed on Tuesday just gone - I wasn't wearing any pants but it was IMO a lot of blood. It went all down my leg and through my trousers too. I do have photos if that would help? On both occasions before the bleed I had a lot of "period pain"

The GP won't refer me for a scan yet as I'm not six weeks pregnant

I've kept a log of the bleeding

Bleeding

Was due to start period 27th October
28th October - Light period. Normal first day, then came off after one day.
30th October - Spotting. Light pink.
3rd November - Gush of blood. Bright red. Enough to form puddle in pants and soak through underwear.
6th November - Positive test
9th November - Spotting @ first. Light pink.
Sudden gush of blood. Bright red.
Light pink when wiping. Stopped for an hour.
Bright red when wiping @ night time.
10th November. Still red when wiping. Little bit of stringy clots. Only in morning.
11th November - no blood.

Please
or

Sasha1234 · 11/11/2021 15:50

Sorry to hear that working mama. I was the same I ended up miscarrying it heartbreaking. I was so positive and kept up hope
Hi Laurie
Is there anyway u can afford a private scan? I had bleeding for about a week 5 weeks before I actually miscarried. I payed for private scan which clarified I had a missed miscarriage. Are u having any pain ? do u have pregnancy symptoms? And have u passed any clots? Its so wrong we are not seen and not taken seriously.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LaurieBump · 11/11/2021 16:06

@Sasha1234

Sorry to hear that working mama. I was the same I ended up miscarrying it heartbreaking. I was so positive and kept up hope
Hi Laurie
Is there anyway u can afford a private scan? I had bleeding for about a week 5 weeks before I actually miscarried. I payed for private scan which clarified I had a missed miscarriage. Are u having any pain ? do u have pregnancy symptoms? And have u passed any clots? Its so wrong we are not seen and not taken seriously.

Hi
I'm six weeks tomorrow and doctor is due to call me so I will push for a referral.
No clots but did have a lot or cramping prior to the bleeds that I had and also I've felt like I'm going to come on my period. I feel like I have lost the pregnancy symptoms I had but not sure if it's mind over matter.

When I spoke to the Doctor today. He said that it was implantation bleeding however the dates don't add up, everything I've seen says that implantation would be around the time your period was due which mine was due around the 27th October. It's just confusing. He's saying opposite to what the NHS website says. xx
Please
or

LaurieBump · 11/11/2021 16:07

Sorry for your loss 🤎

Please
or

Sasha1234 · 11/11/2021 16:38

The drs said if I was getting the symptoms and test were positive then I have nothing to worry about which deep down I knew.
I'm sorry your going through this it's horrible. I carried on having all the symptoms it took a month for nhs to see me. Try and push to be sign lovely it hard enough going through this without having to wait. It may be nothing so don't loose hope I bleed on my first one for 2 weeks and seen my periods until I was 6 month pregnant and I had a very healthy little boy.
The pain may be everything stretching trying to give u a bit of hope. I really hope u manage to get seen asap. What area are u living in? Seems to me some areas are quicker swing people than others and some have walk in epu clinics

OP's posts:
Please
or

LaurieBump · 11/11/2021 16:55

@Sasha1234

The drs said if I was getting the symptoms and test were positive then I have nothing to worry about which deep down I knew.
I'm sorry your going through this it's horrible. I carried on having all the symptoms it took a month for nhs to see me. Try and push to be sign lovely it hard enough going through this without having to wait. It may be nothing so don't loose hope I bleed on my first one for 2 weeks and seen my periods until I was 6 month pregnant and I had a very healthy little boy.
The pain may be everything stretching trying to give u a bit of hope. I really hope u manage to get seen asap. What area are u living in? Seems to me some areas are quicker swing people than others and some have walk in epu clinics

The doctor that called me barely asked any of the questions I was expecting him to ask which was strange. He didn't even ask about cramping. I live in the West Midlands and I know that my friend got seen for an early scan recently where she was 6.5 weeks and it would be the same hospital we would use. The doctor just made me feel so silly, like when I told him the blood was red he said "well yea, it's blood it will be" :( but obviously vaginal blood has lots of different colours that mean different things

xx
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.