Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Should I have hope?

Kat668 · 31/08/2021 20:46

So I started bleeding on Sunday with a light pink when wiping. Rang the helpline I had been given with my pregnancy notes and they said keep an eye on it and if it gets worse go to a&e as it was Bank Holiday weekend. Lunchtime it went bright red and I panicked so rang 111 and they advised to go to a&e. Got there and started having clots when I went to do a urine sample. He said it was most likely a miscarriage and booked me in for a scan.
Bleeding has been differing in amount and colour over the last few days, sometimes going brown, other times staying bright red, clots most of the time. The biggest was about a 50p coin so not huge but still worrying. Today they have been more stringy. Seems to be very light in the morning then gets heavier during the day. Still don't have much on the pad though, it's mostly when I wipe. This is usual for me in normal periods, pads don't fill much, but this is slightly less on pads than a usual period.
Today I had my scan and she said I was between 5 and 6 weeks (I was unsure of dates so knew I was either that or possibly 9 weeks). Didn't mention a heartbeat and just said it's too early to know if a miscarriage and to come in two weeks from now for another.
She said if I had been 9 weeks she'd be more worried but at 5-6 weeks not as much and to just wait and see. I asked if with these clots she thinks it is most likely a miscarriage but she said she did have a patient who bled seriously every month with clots but went on to have an early but healthy birth. Trying so hard not to get my hopes up to only get heartbroken again if it is a loss.
Haven't had much pain until this evening when I got bad period pain like cramps.

Sorry, it's my first pregnancy and just so worried, don't want to hurt more if I get my hopes up. Has anyone had similar? Good or bad just want to set my expectations.

OP's posts:
Please
or

IGuessIdProbablyBeAnne · 31/08/2021 20:54

Sorry you are going through all this worry OP.

I had one droplet of blood when I wiped, at 6 weeks. I was checked over, and asked to wait 2 weeks before being scanned again. Too early to tell. The second scan showed no progress, it was a missed miscarriage. I had to have a D&C to remove the pregnancy, but had to wait a further 2 weeks to be 100%.

In the next pregnancy, I had tinted discharge, again at 6 weeks. This time, everything was fine, and DS is now nearly 11 months.

I hope you have good news OP. Best wishes.

Please
or

Kat668 · 02/09/2021 22:54

Thank you so much ❤ I'm so sorry for your loss but glad you have a wonderful DS now x

Sadly mine was a miscarriage, it happened last night so just trying to process now :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

IGuessIdProbablyBeAnne · 03/09/2021 05:42

I’m so sorry OP.

I hope you are comfortable and not in too much pain physically. There’s no right or wrong in this situation. Some of us tell family and friends, others grieve alone. Some mark this time, some choose not to.

Thinking of you. Really best wishes for the next few weeks, and future Flowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.