Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Molar pregnancy?

Whatido · 23/08/2021 19:41

Hi, I’m just looking to see if anyone has been through similar. I first found out I was pregnant around 6 weeks ago and since then has just been a nightmare of different opinions from drs and midwifes on what’s going on.
At first they thought it was an ectopic pregnancy and then because I had the sac in my uterus but nothing inside and they could not see anything anywhere else with keyhole diagnostic surgery they said it was a miscarriage and done a D&C.
Since having the D&C my hcg levels are still rising quite a lot and they want me back for a scan and possibly more surgery incase they didn’t remove everything.
Googling online (I know not ideal) everything I’ve had points towards a molar pregnancy, but none of the drs or midwifes have mentioned that at all so I honestly have no clue what’s going on.
Thank you! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

Will94 · 20/09/2021 11:16

Hello, I’m really sorry to hear what you’ve been going through. I just wondered if it was resolved yet? I am going back to hospital for further bloods tomorrow to establish if my pregnancy is potentially ectopic or molar. I was told that if my hcg levels have sky rocketed since my bloods taken yesterday, that would probably mean molar pregnancy. If they’ve gone up or down slightly, ectopic and if they’ve gone up by about 60% a normal pregnancy. Xx

Please
or

Whatido · 20/09/2021 14:20

Hi @Will94 sorry to hear you’re going through similar! It’s so frustrating, I ended up having to get a 2nd D&C and then since then my levels have began to come down finally, I hope you get some good news tomorrow, fingers crossed for you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Will94 · 20/09/2021 14:37

Thank you. I’m glad to hear your levels are finally coming down. Wishing you all the best for the future xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.