Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Graphic photo. Miscarriage advice please.

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 17:54

I had spotting for 12 days. I went to the hospital at the start of it they did a scan and said the sac had grown to 17mm and the yolk sac was still there, they booked me in for 2 weeks time to check everything on another scan. Around 7 days after the first scan I had my bloods done, the hcg level was 6,500 (I should have been 6 weeks) 3 days after that I had a lower ache in my stomach, went to the toilet and this came out. The spotting I had been experiencing stopped almost immediately after. I rang the hospital they said aslong as I feel OK they were happy to just leave me and go ahead with the repeat scan and make sure everything had come away on its own. Does this look like a complete miscarriage? I am scared I'll have to have something done at the hospital if its not. I have never been through this before so I am unsure about what it should look like and what I should be looking for 😔

Graphic photo. Miscarriage advice please.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 17:55

Sorry I didn't have my levels done through bloods it was through a urine sample with my GP

OP's posts:
Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 18:10

Can anybody help 😔

OP's posts:
Please
or

Wigglegiggle0520 · 14/06/2021 18:12

Sorry OP I have no experience but hope someone who knows more will be along soon. Sorry you’re going through this Flowers

Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 18:16

@Wigglegiggle0520

Sorry OP I have no experience but hope someone who knows more will be along soon. Sorry you’re going through this Flowers

Thankyou 💕
OP's posts:
Please
or

Iggi999 · 14/06/2021 18:20

My losses around 6 weeks did not pass anything discernible, although an 8 week one did. While I can't say it is complete the fact that your bleeding stopped, after a reasonable amount of bleeding, seems positive to me. Are you saying you're just a few days away from the scan now?
If it did turn out that there were retained products they can remove them fairly easily. None of this is easy, of course, it is a horrible thing to go through and I'm sorry this is happening OP.

Please
or

Ardmac1 · 14/06/2021 18:27

Hi op. I couldn’t read & not respond. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. That looks like a heavy blood clot although I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to tell you more. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, but bled for 10 days on & off leading up to it. The sac & heartbeat were visible on scans for a week or so, but then I lost it at home one night - white jelly-like substance along with clots that looked similar to pic & blood (sorry - tmi). Next day when I went back to hospital they thought they could see the sac but no heartbeat. I was booked in for ERPC - knocked out & glad to have it done straight away rather than waiting. If you do need to have a procedure to ensure it’s complete please don’t worry.

Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 18:38

@Iggi999

My losses around 6 weeks did not pass anything discernible, although an 8 week one did. While I can't say it is complete the fact that your bleeding stopped, after a reasonable amount of bleeding, seems positive to me. Are you saying you're just a few days away from the scan now?
If it did turn out that there were retained products they can remove them fairly easily. None of this is easy, of course, it is a horrible thing to go through and I'm sorry this is happening OP.

Thankyou, it's all new to me and I aren't sure what's to come or if it's all over and done with already. I guess I won't know fully until friday(that's when the scan is). Thankyou again x
OP's posts:
Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 18:41

@Ardmac1

Hi op. I couldn’t read & not respond. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. That looks like a heavy blood clot although I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to tell you more. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, but bled for 10 days on & off leading up to it. The sac & heartbeat were visible on scans for a week or so, but then I lost it at home one night - white jelly-like substance along with clots that looked similar to pic & blood (sorry - tmi). Next day when I went back to hospital they thought they could see the sac but no heartbeat. I was booked in for ERPC - knocked out & glad to have it done straight away rather than waiting. If you do need to have a procedure to ensure it’s complete please don’t worry.

Thankyou for this reply. I aren't sure what I should've been looking for or if I would have even been able see anything. The hospital asked for the photo and couldn't say either way what it was for definite. That is the only 'clot' I lost, I was quite surprised at how quick and almost painless the whole thing was although very upsetting. Thankyou I am hoping that if anything needs doing it can be done there and then although I aren't sure how it works I don't want to be having to go back again at a later date that's the worry xx
OP's posts:
Please
or

Amyy44 · 14/06/2021 18:57

@Ardmac1

Thankyou for this reply. This is the only 'clot' I lost. I wasn't sure what I should be looking for or even if I'd be able to see ahything. I just hope that if anything needs to be done it can be done there and then, I don't want to be having to go back again that's the worry 😞 xx
OP's posts:
Please
or

Eyedontknow · 17/06/2021 10:27

@Amyy44 I can't give you a definitive answer as I am going through similar uncertainty at the moment. I should've been about 6 weeks last week when I started spotting but then turned into cramps and heavier bleeding with lots of clots like in your picture. I had a scan at EPU and the embryo was still there, but much lower than it should have been. My cervix was still closed so was told it was a threatened miscarriage, but they didn't find a heartbeat and I have been cramping and passing clots for the past week. If my follow up is before yours I'll update you to what happened though it probably depends on the hospital as well.

Please
or

feathersandferns · 17/06/2021 10:32

I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and I had lots of clots like the one in your photograph come out. I never saw anything I thought was the embryo itself, but when I was rescanned at the hospital the following week they said the miscarriage was complete. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that your scan will confirm that it's all complete and that you don't need to have anything else done x

Please
or

steppemum · 17/06/2021 10:41

Hi OP,
Sadly, the only way to be sure is to get a scan.

I have had 4 mc, between 5 weeks and 12 weeks. They were all different and there were clots etc, but there was also a definite lump of something that passed with the later ones. It was all painless physically.

I also have 3 kids, and with dc1, I bled on and off quite heavily for days.

So sorry you are going through this. It is rubbish. Flowers

Please
or

Amyy44 · 17/06/2021 13:23

[quote Eyedontknow]@Amyy44 I can't give you a definitive answer as I am going through similar uncertainty at the moment. I should've been about 6 weeks last week when I started spotting but then turned into cramps and heavier bleeding with lots of clots like in your picture. I had a scan at EPU and the embryo was still there, but much lower than it should have been. My cervix was still closed so was told it was a threatened miscarriage, but they didn't find a heartbeat and I have been cramping and passing clots for the past week. If my follow up is before yours I'll update you to what happened though it probably depends on the hospital as well.[/quote]
Thankyou for your reply unfortunately I've found out that wasn't the end of it. Yesterday I had a lot and I mean a lot of bleeding for 5 hours, huge clots, ended up in hospital and they kept me over night, they said my cervix was 2cm dilated and they were calling it an inevitable miscarriage. What I thought had come out a few days ago wasn't the baby, the baby is still in there so they've said there will be more to come, its carried on through today but its easing a bit now. I have a scan tomorrow and hopefully it will all have cleared itself. Until now I was completely unaware of how much you can actually bleed and still be here!! It's been quite a scary process it's not anything I've experienced before luckily all my other pregnancies have ended with a lovely little baby, this one just wasn't meant to be x

OP's posts:
Please
or

MishyS · 18/06/2021 10:13

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I know exactly how you feel. I started spotting on Tuesday and throughout the day it was getting darker and more clotted and so I went to the ER. They told me it wasn't a viable pregnancy and at 6 weeks my hcg was at 600. They sent me home and told me to let it pass and come back in 48 hours for blood work. Last night what looks like a lumpy sack came out and it was the most painful (emotionally) experience. Results from my bloodwork have increased and are now at 850 which I don't understand. I'm trying to figure out what that means. My scan is next Wednesday and they want more blood work on Tuesday :(

Please
or

Amyy44 · 18/06/2021 10:33

@MishyS

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I know exactly how you feel. I started spotting on Tuesday and throughout the day it was getting darker and more clotted and so I went to the ER. They told me it wasn't a viable pregnancy and at 6 weeks my hcg was at 600. They sent me home and told me to let it pass and come back in 48 hours for blood work. Last night what looks like a lumpy sack came out and it was the most painful (emotionally) experience. Results from my bloodwork have increased and are now at 850 which I don't understand. I'm trying to figure out what that means. My scan is next Wednesday and they want more blood work on Tuesday :(

It's awful isn't it. I also passed what looked like a sac in the early hours of this morning, I have just arrived at my scan now and hopefully they will see that everything has passed as it should. Its horrible but I'm almost relieved that it might all be over. I hope you are OK and things start to get easier soon, it's a long scary road but you'll get there xx
OP's posts:
Please
or

Eyedontknow · 21/06/2021 14:15

@Amyy44 that sounds horrendous and similar to my experience before I went to hospital. I stopped bleeding at the end of last week and had the follow-up scan today where I was told there is no remaining tissue, so thankfully means nothing else needs to happen. I'm glad I've got some closure now.

Please
or

Amyy44 · 21/06/2021 14:56

[quote Eyedontknow]@Amyy44 that sounds horrendous and similar to my experience before I went to hospital. I stopped bleeding at the end of last week and had the follow-up scan today where I was told there is no remaining tissue, so thankfully means nothing else needs to happen. I'm glad I've got some closure now.[/quote]
Hi, sorry to hear that I hope you are feeling OK. I had my follow uo up scan they said there was a bit of tissue left over but they expected that as I'd only actually lost my baby in the early hours of the morning before I went. I've stopped bleeding today, I had a bit of heavy bleeding the day after my scan which they said to expect but now it's all stopped. Feels like we can finally start to move on xx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.