Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

5 weeks and 3 days

Roxanna27 · 11/06/2021 09:00

Hi mums, I am curious if any of you went through this before as i am very anxious about it. I had my fist scan at 4 weeks and could see a heartbeat and i went yesterday to 2 different hospitals and neither could find heartbeat. Both saying it's too early. I lost my appetite and my boobs are not that sore anymore. i feel a bit of back ache but that's about it. I am looking forward to you answers. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks last February and this is why i feel like this. Thank you all

OP's posts:
Please
or

mowglika · 11/06/2021 09:23

Do you mean your first scan was 5 or 6 weeks? It’s impossible to see a heartbeat at 4 weeks, in fact you can’t even see the sac usually, just a thickened endometrium of your womb. Did you see the image on the screen?

If your dates are correct then 5w3 is also quite early and hopefully when you go back for a follow up you will see a heartbeat. Did they ask you to go back?

Please
or

Roxanna27 · 11/06/2021 09:36

Sorry for the confusion! so i had my first scan at 4 weeks and she showed me a little flicker. The doctor said that was the heartbeat. Last night two different doctors told me that i was too early to see a heartbeat and they are not sure how the previous doctor saw a heartbeat at 4 weeks. Im now 5 weeks and 3 days. I am going back to get another scan at 7 weeks so im hoping all is well as my anxiety is up the roof due to my previous pregnancy loss.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elouera · 11/06/2021 09:41

Did you have any bleeding? I agree, its very early to see anything at 4 weeks. They are so tiny and maybe the scan was showing your own blood vessel pulsating, rather than the pregnancy heart beat? Could your dates be out? Have they offered to do serial hcg blood tests to check your levels are rising?

Please
or

mowglika · 11/06/2021 09:53

Aw OP all you can do it wait and hope really. Did you see a gestational sac or yolk sac? Fingers crossed you will see an embryo and heartbeat, so many people do when they go back for a second scan.

As for the first scan, not sure what happened there! Did they give you measurements of the embryo such as a CRL?

It is so hard to wait and be anxious for so long but know there’s nothing you can do but wait. Keep positive, it was probably just too early.

Please
or

Roxanna27 · 11/06/2021 10:08

Thank you so much for your reply. Both doctors told me it looks good for 5 weeks but it's still very early. I guess it's just my anxiety playing tricks on me

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fuzzyduck21 · 11/06/2021 13:46

I'm sorry they told you they could see a heartbeat at 4 weeks as its impossible? Are you going for a follow up scan in a couple of weeks? Its positive they said everything is looking good so far x

Please
or

Roxanna27 · 11/06/2021 16:11

Yes i'm going to a follow up scan at 7 weeks. I am staying positive tho. Not all pregnancies has to end in miscarriages! Thank you for the kind words xx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.