Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Has anyone had a similar situation?

canitbesimple · 21/03/2021 12:58

I got a BFP on Feb 17th and had continuous spotting until Feb 25th. Tests were still positive until March 8th-10th were they were faint. I assumed a chemical pregnancy but as I already had an early scan for 20th March (should have been 8 weeks) I went to the app.

As expected they found no bubs or sac. I had hcg done and level is 95.

How can I still have hcg in my body after a chemical over 4 weeks ago? I was only about 4 weeks pregnant when I bled last month and if I want TTC & tested I would never have known I was even pregnant as I would have assumed bleeding was my period.

I tested again today and I have a strong positive on three tests. I know I'll still a line a there's hcg in my body but surely it wouldn't be darker than my test in Feb? And surely HCG would be gone after 4 weeks?

AF should have been this week but also hasn't arrived

Getting blood drawn tomorrow to confirm if they are increasing or decreasing but just curious if anyone has heard this before?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lililou · 22/03/2021 21:57

How did you get on OP?

Please
or

canitbesimple · 23/03/2021 07:07

@Lililou

How did you get on OP?

Hcg had increased by only 13 so I have a scan this morning to check if pregnancy is ectopic 😞
OP's posts:
Please
or

rainbowstardrops · 23/03/2021 07:17

Thinking of you Thanks

Please
or

Lililou · 23/03/2021 12:38

Thinking of you OP, let us know how the scan went 💐

Please
or

LisaLx · 23/03/2021 12:41

Thinking of you xx

Please
or

canitbesimple · 23/03/2021 14:20

@LisaLx

Thinking of you xx

Thank you everyone. I've been diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location. So I'm pregnant but it can't be found on scans. Hcg isn't riding either. Final blood test tomorrow otherwise I'll be getting methotrexate 😩
OP's posts:
Please
or

Lililou · 23/03/2021 22:14

I'm so sorry OP, makes it all that much harder when you don't get any definite answers.

Please
or

canitbesimple · 24/03/2021 06:41

@Lililou

I'm so sorry OP, makes it all that much harder when you don't get any definite answers.

I didn't even know it was possible to have a pregnancy in a n unknown location. I feel like this has went from a possible chemical pregnancy to a rollercoaster of emotions so very fast. A part of me is upset but another part of me is so shocked that I don't feel anything 😞.

I also was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus which means losses for me are more common and issues with birth defects and Labour complications are higher. Overall my future pregnancies will also be high risk. I can't believe all this excitement to wanting our first baby would come with so much heartache and pain 😞😞
OP's posts:
Please
or

Lililou · 24/03/2021 13:38

I'm so sorry you're going through this, that's a lot to take in and deal with and it's actually quite normal to feel numb.

Have they ruled out ectopic now? Or is that still a possibility? I joined Mumsnet as we first started TTC our first child towards the end of last year, i was looking forward to talking about my first pregnancy with other mums but I had to leave the group I'd joined for August babies and then found myself joining baby loss groups as I found out mine was ectopic in Jan. There is so much support available on here in these groups and for those struggling with hail risk pregnancies and fertility issues, I'd really advise joining some, they have been a lifeline for me and helped me so much.

Please
or

canitbesimple · 24/03/2021 14:28

@Lililou

I'm so sorry you're going through this, that's a lot to take in and deal with and it's actually quite normal to feel numb.

Have they ruled out ectopic now? Or is that still a possibility? I joined Mumsnet as we first started TTC our first child towards the end of last year, i was looking forward to talking about my first pregnancy with other mums but I had to leave the group I'd joined for August babies and then found myself joining baby loss groups as I found out mine was ectopic in Jan. There is so much support available on here in these groups and for those struggling with hail risk pregnancies and fertility issues, I'd really advise joining some, they have been a lifeline for me and helped me so much.

Thank you. It really is a lot to take in. Super overwhelmed recently.

They've said it a unlikely ectopic because all scans are clear and I have no pain and haven't had any spotting/bleeding for a month 😩.

Hcg levels have only went from 95 (taken 20th March) to 125 (24th March) so they're saying it's possible it's a pregnancy with unknown location but they aren't 100% what is going on so they have decided to take another blood drawn on 31st of March before deciding what to do next.

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement
OP's posts:
Please
or

canitbesimple · 24/03/2021 14:29

@Lililou

I'll also look into joining groups. I just got this app a few days ago and still trying to figure out how to work it but the groups look very helpful. Thank you 💕
OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.