Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Miscarriage with not much bleeding?

Enwi · 07/03/2021 13:48

Hi there,

I was looking for some advice if that’s OK? This will be my third miscarriage, but my first to happen so early on (currently 5+3, others were at 8 and 11 weeks).

The others were horrific experiences with awful pain and blessing. Clots the size of my hand etc.

This morning I took a pregnancy test and it’s now almost negative... a very, very faint line on a FRER. Does that mean the worst is already over do you think? I’ve only had mild cramping and some bleeding so far.

Sorry, that’s such a ramble! In short, has anyone had a very minor/ simple miscarriage at this gestation?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Brightspark12 · 07/03/2021 15:13

Hiya no experience personally but I have heard very early loss is similar to a heavy period (obviously that doesn’t make it any less awful) so you might be over the worst of it xx

Please
or

Enwi · 07/03/2021 15:35

Thanks for your reply. Yes I’ve heard similar, but so far this is even lighter than a period! I’m not sure now if it’s my period finally starting with the test being so so faint now, or whether it’s the loss. Probably the latter I’d assume. X

OP's posts:
Please
or

unicornpower · 07/03/2021 15:41

Hi @Enwi, Firstly I am so so sorry you're going through this again, you poor thing I hope youre doing okay? In my experience, I had a loss at 5 weeks and it started out as brown/pink spotting which was fairly light but during this time my pregnancy tests started getting lighter and lighter, once my tests went negative I started properly bleeding a couple of days later and it really was just like a heavy period, cramps were a little worse to begin with but then it tailed off. Think I bled for about 5 days all in all but I only usually have very light periods. I hope this helps and I hope you have lots of support and love around you xxx

Please
or

Enwi · 07/03/2021 16:12

Thank you so much for your kind response Flowers

I’m sorry you’ve suffered similar, but that is really helpful to know. Fingers crossed it’s just like a heavy period for me too. I have 2 beautiful living daughters to help me through, so I know how blessed I am. X

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.