Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

HCG levels dropped now rising

lotus37 · 23/02/2021 16:02

Had cramps, bleeding, passed tissue at 6 weeks (two weeks ago) - scan at that time showed nothing and blood tests over 48 hours both showed HCG levels of 13 so had to go back for another blood test today which shows it has risen to 57 - booked in for another scan next Tuesday.
Any idea what this could mean? I definitely felt different when I was pregnant, and have felt very not pregnant since the bleeding/cramping.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheDaydreamBelievers · 23/02/2021 20:10

Have you been trying again? One explanation is new pregnancy.

Please
or

lotus37 · 23/02/2021 23:21

Thanks. Had sex once the day after I stopped bleeding. Feels v unlikely and no other symptoms as before. Could it be ectopic or retained tissue?

OP's posts:
Please
or

KimmyBee7 · 05/03/2021 20:23

Hello Lotus! I hope all is well and everything has worked out for you. I was wondering if you have received any update. I’m 6 weeks tomorrow and I’ve been bleeding and cramping all week. I’ve gotten blood taken and it first read 90 at 5 weeks and 3 days later it’s now 261. We’re so worried because we have no idea what is going on either.

Please
or

lotus37 · 05/03/2021 22:53

Hi @KimmyBee7
My levels kept rising but very slowly and stayed very low (only 150ish) this week (8wks tomorrow). They couldn't find anything on scans and so was advised it was non viable and a "pregnancy of unknown location". Because the numbers were going up I was advised to have medical management with methotrexate to try and clear it out, which I had today, so just waiting for that to work now. It has all been really confusing, even the consultant said she was confused too.

Have they offered you a scan? I'm so sorry, it is so worrying and confusing not knowing what's going on when our bodies don't seem to be doing the right thing.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.