Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pregnant after miscarriage???

Mimidk · 08/07/2020 19:48

Hey ladies
New to this site and hoping I’ve writen the right place. I wonder if anyone has fallen pregnant after a miscarriage without having your period? I unfortunately had a miscarriage on June 12th and had to take the pill as it wasn’t happening on its own. I was 7 weeks pregnant. I’ve had unprotected sex 11 and 15 Days after my miscarriage. Pretty much as soon as I had the miscarriage I felt like I wasn’t pregnant anymore. But this week I’ve felt extremly tired and nausea + I’ve been having some weird milky ish discharge, so I’m wondering if this is just because I’m about to have my period or if it could be a new pregnancy. I took a test 2 days ago that came back negative though and The symptoms I have this time are not like I had in my last pregnnacy (that was vaginal dryness and huge breasts). This time I’m feeling kind of moist down there all the time. Is it just normal after a miscarriage to be a bit off?

OP's posts:
Please
or

FlissMumsnet · 10/07/2020 21:32

Hi Mimidk,

We're so sorry to hear what a hard time you're having.

We're not able to offer any medical advice sadly but we wanted to say hello, offer our support and give this a bump for you.

Our users should be along soon with some words of advice and reassurance.

Flowers

Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 10/07/2020 22:21

Hello, I'm really sorry for you mc and hope that you are doing okay. It is definitely possible to get pregnant before having a period after mc, as long as you have ovulated there is chance of being pregnant. Were you tracking your cycle or ovulation or anything? It would be interesting to know how many dpo you are as sometimes if you test too early it won't show up. Here if you need to talk xx

Please
or

Mimidk · 11/07/2020 09:48

Hi Northernsoul90
Thank you for your message. I usually track my cycle with an app, but since the MC it has been difficult, I didn’t know if I should count it as a period. If I do that I am today 12dpo. I haven’t tracked ovulation untill last week, funny thing is according to the test I have ovulated last week and everyday this week as well😅 i would think I was ovulating around the time I had sex since my discharge had that eff whitey consistency

OP's posts:
Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 11/07/2020 09:58

@Mimidk Yeah I think you count your mc as cycle day 1... did you get a negative pregnancy test after your mc? Ovulation tests confuse pregnancy hormones with ovulation hormones so if you still have some leftover hcg in your system the ovulation tests will tell you you are ovulating even when you aren't. I had my mc over 4 weeks ago now and am still getting faint positive pregnancy tests so I know I still won't have ovulated yet. It's so hard when you just want your body to go back to normal! Xx

Please
or

Mimidk · 11/07/2020 19:39

Hi again
Sorry to hear that you also had a loss. It is difficult. I have been getting negative tests from last week (first time I took one) and then positive ovulation tests so that’s kind of strange. Can I ask you, are you extremely tired as well? For this past week I have been absolutely exhausted and figured miscarriage might have something to do with it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 11/07/2020 21:26

Yes I have been a lot more tired! I'm not sure why I had put it down to still having some hormones remaining. That is strange to have positive on the opks all week, normally you will only see a surge once when both of the lines are equally as dark as one another. Xxx

Please
or

Mimidk · 12/07/2020 11:17

Well, maybe I still have some just not enough for the pregnancy test to show it I guess. I really hope both of us will go back to normally soon. Like it wasn’t hard enough emotionally🤦🏻‍♀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 12/07/2020 11:31

Maybe yes... it is so hard and the fact that our bodies seem to take weeks to go back to normal is really frustrating! Fingers crossed your body goes back to normal soon. Are you actively ttc? I want to start ttc again but am still just waiting for my negative atm xx

Please
or

Mimidk · 12/07/2020 19:26

Yeah, it’s such a slap in the face in some ways. I hope the same for you as well!❤️ I am not sure, so I guess not actively. Miscarriage kind of but a strain on the relationship as well, so I’m not sure. I want to, but well, it takes too🤷🏻‍♀️ Was this your first pregnancy as well?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 12/07/2020 23:11

Yes this was my first pregnancy, we had been trying for around 5/6 months. It's just knocked me for six a bit I suppose and made me worry for the future, I'll be terrified of having another miscarriage. I know what you mean about the relationship, everyone reacts in different ways... sometimes men don't really want to open up and talk about things like this. I hope you are feeling okay. Have you had anymore symptoms or anything? Xx

Please
or

Mombun23 · 14/07/2020 23:40

Hey there, sorry to jump in but I also had a miscarriage on the 12th of June this year, I was around 6+6w. I am wondering how you are getting on? I’m in a very similar situation to you! Feeling lots of pregnancy symptoms & still no period. It’s very confusing and I’m worried I get my hopes up for nothing Sad. This was my second miscarriage and third pregnancy. My daughter was conceived straight after my first miscarriage so was hoping to do the same again as we are desperate to give her a sibling! Just thought I’d add that in to let you know there’s always hope. Hope you’re doing okay & so sorry you have both also experienced this xxx

Please
or

sk283 · 16/07/2020 20:16

Hi I'do like to join in too, I had a missed miscarriage on the 21st June followed by an evacuation surgery on the 25th. I'd be interested to hear how you are getting on. I haven't had my period yet, but we've DTD once. I was getting positive tests for about 2 weeks and haven't taken another one as I'm finding it too depressing.
But over the last few days my Left boob has started leaking. ( it was my super feeder with my DS). Also my boobs have definitely grown over the last week which is odd as I've lost half a stone through not eating and being miserable. And as a post MC 'treat' I bought myself 3 non bf/non maternity bras last week which fit perfectly but now are digging in.
I hate to symptom spot as im finding the miscarriage hard to come to terms with. But my achey boobs and increased tiredness are really confusing me.

How do you know when to start counting for an ovulation date if you haven't had a period?

Please
or

Northernsoul90 · 16/07/2020 23:15

Hello both, sorry for your miscarriages I hope that you are okay it is such a hard thing to go through. I am currently still getting a very faint positive with a sensitive test (10miu) using first morning urine. I'm hoping that this last bit of hormone disappears over the next couple of days. Its been 5 weeks and 4 days since my mva. I've still not had a period and I don't think I have ovulated as apparently you can't ovulate with leftover hcg in your system. Some ladies say that you would count day 1 of miscarriage bleeding as cd1 and then try to track ovulation that way but ovulation wouldn't happen until you've had a negative test so it would depend when that was really. Opks can also confuse hcg for ovulation hormones so it can be very confusing trying to track until you've had a negative test. It is possible to ovulate soon after a negative test though- only a few days later for some women. It's really frustrating waiting and wanting your body to just get back to normal xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.