Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Ectopic Shoulder Pain

2020lady · 08/07/2020 19:27

Hello everyone,

I have searched everywhere to try and find what the shoulder pain for an ectopic feels like but all I can see is the generic “shoulder tip pain” and I was wondering what experiences people have had with it.

On Monday it was confirmed that sadly my pregnancy is ectopic, I am 7 weeks with 300 HcG, so I opted to have the Methotrexate as my other option was surgery to remove the pregnancy and tube.

My shoulder blade and the part between my neck and shoulder ache, but it’s not pain I don’t think. It’s almost like I have slept funny or I just need a good massage.

I don’t know if I am overthinking things or working myself up as I know the shoulder pain is a sign of rupture, so if anyone could share their experiences with what the pain is like I hope it will put my mind at ease.

Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsB2019x · 08/07/2020 20:11

Firstly, sorry you are going through this Flowers

I read on the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust forums earlier that it is a very distinctive pain that happens right at the tip - they say it’s hard to describe because it’s not a pain you would have ever had before. This was posted by a member of staff from the Trust. They said that pain like you have described is not likely to be related.

I’d really recommend looking on their website and forums as they are really knowledgeable ☺️

Please
or

2020lady · 08/07/2020 21:18

Thank you so much for your reply.
I have been looking through their forums and really has helped but I think i am worrying myself so much searching for answers from google. I really appreciate you responding x

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsB2019x · 10/07/2020 10:41

@2020lady how are you doing? x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.