Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Retained products pass naturally?

bethxanne · 30/04/2020 15:00

Hi,

I have 2.2cm I'd retained products. They have tried miso but nothing happened. The doctor has gave me the option of a d&c early next week, or to wait 2 weeks to scan again to see if I've came in my period and my body has got rid of it & if not then a D&C.

I want to try dodge surgery but the thought of the potential infection I could get is scaring me.

I'm so traumatised by this whole thing I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any experience of this going naturally?

I have finally got a negative pregnancy test, I'm not bleeding and I have no pain.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bethxanne · 10/05/2020 15:56

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elouera · 10/05/2020 17:43

So sorry for your loss. I had medical management for the pregnancy, but was not told to repeat a pregnancy test, and had no idea that 2, solid months of bleeding wasn't normal! No fever, odour or pain, so had no idea anything was wrong and didn't realise this length of bleeding wasn't normal.

The bleeding finally stopped, then 2 weeks later my period started. Out came a retained product! mine was also about 2cm, similar to a grape size.

A further scan showed nothing more was left. I did a great deal of reading afterwards, which explained that the uterus will try to expel any retained products, even if it might take several menstrual cycles to do so!

Its a personal choice with the info you have to make an informed decision, but if you are otherwise well, 2 weeks isn't too long to wait and see. I know what its like to want things over and to just move on. Feel free to ask questions if I can help Flowers

Please
or

bethxanne · 10/05/2020 18:41

Thankyou so much! Sorry for your loss Thanks

Since posting this I started bleeding (lighter than a period but fresh red blood) and I've been passing slimy black stuff, like a clot but slimy if that makes sense, and sorry TMI, sometimes I've been dabbing it with tissue to try and wipe the blood off and sometimes it has a bit of a grey colour. My scan is on Thursday and I really want to avoid surgery and I'm so anxious :( could this be the product? Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elouera · 10/05/2020 20:03

Sorry to hear that, but glad something came out. Sorry if TMI. A clot is often red or even an almost black colour. Products are generally grey, look like steak, fleshy looking, so yes, it might be some product. Sometimes clots have a smoother, overall surface, whereas products may not, might look ragged and uneven, but sometimes do look smooth. Each pregnancy and MC is different.

If you have any saline, or just salty water, you can soak the products for an hour or so. Eventually a clot will dissolve into the water, whereas products don't dissolve. I had my 3rd MC on thur, and still passing products myself today, so I guess I'm more aware than normal of what things can look like Flowers

Please
or

bethxanne · 10/05/2020 20:16

Oh I'm so so sorry I hope you're doing okay :(

Are you going to wait it out? I don't know how long to wait before agreeing to the surgery? :( the doctor said it's either retained product on the scan or a blood clot left over. I want to be hopeful but then equally don't wanna get my hopes up and then be upset on Thursday if they say it's still there. This has been going on since February :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elouera · 10/05/2020 20:25

Yeah, thanks, I'm doing ok. Being my practical self and getting on with things. I'm going to call the EPU tomorrow and let them know I've passed more. I was there today, but they didn't scan me, as presumed to have passed everything. Maybe they will scan now?

If this all started for you in Feb, and there is still product on a scan this week, maybe you will need a D&C. I thought it was just recent. Hopefully though, what you passed today might be what was seen on the scan.

Please
or

bethxanne · 11/05/2020 20:53

Funnily enough today I had intense cramping all day and back ache and then tonight I went to the toilet and passed something just a bit bigger than a grape, it was white/grey and lumpy, I'm almost certain it must've been it! I really hope so so all of this can be over x I hope you're okay lovely did you contact for scan

OP's posts:
Please
or

Elouera · 11/05/2020 21:48

Yes, certainly sounds like it could have been it. Hopefully the scan will show everything has cleared x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.