Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Advice and help please..struggling to understand and move on..

Sarah18220 · 20/02/2020 17:42

Hi all...
I’m looking for some advice after a miscarriage on the 18th Jan
I started to bleed on the 16th Jan, was seen at a and e and scanned the next day, no heartbeat found. The bleeding got worse and over the 17/18 Jan was very heavy
I went for a rescan a few days later and all had passed but a little of the uterus lining.
I have continued to bleed all but a few hours for the past 5 weeks. I had my period I think? Exactly 4 weeks from the start of bleeding..very heavy, clotty and horrid
Now I’m left with mucous discharge, blood stained, very gloopy, not smelly. Doctors don’t seem overly bothered. EPAU said they can scan? But if I’ve had period, Is this worth doing? I just want it all to be over and be able to try and conceive again?
Sorry for all the info../trying to find someone who has had the same experience as me.xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

FlissMumsnet · 21/02/2020 21:16

Hi Sarah18220,

We're so sorry to hear what you're going through right now - we're not medically trained and are no experts in this area but we wanted to pop in and say hello.

We hope this may give your thread a bump so other users can come along and give you their advice and support.
Do remember that there's nothing like real life medical advice from professionals.

We hope you can get some answers soon.

Flowers

Please
or

milkjetmum · 23/02/2020 21:17

Hi just wanted to share I had similar with my first miscarriage, slow but steady bleeding for 4 weeks then a weird period with one particularly big clot. All returned to normal after that, so hopefully will be the same for you but of course do go back if you feel unwell beyond typical period pains. Flowers

Please
or

rebeccacntu · 23/02/2020 21:48

So sorry. I miscarried on 5th Jan

EPU should offer you follow up scans until confirmation of everything has passed.

I have waited 33 days till AF shows, had 3 days AF and start TTC again. I am now 2DPO hoping for a rainbow baby xx

Please
or

WaitrosesCheapestVodka · 23/02/2020 21:58

It's not uncommon to bleed for a while. Sometimes this just happens and stops after your period. Sometimes it is a bit of retained tissue. It's worth going to EPU, they can scan you and see if there's anything obvious.

Have you still got a positive pregnancy test? If it's negative it's unlikely you are retaining much, if positive you might not have completed it yet.

I bled for two/three weeks after a very early loss, less than 5wks pregnant.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's shit. Flowers It gets much better with time.

Please
or

WaitrosesCheapestVodka · 23/02/2020 22:02

Just seen you've had your period. I'd go and get scanned x

Please
or

Sarah18220 · 24/02/2020 11:33

Hi all
Thank you for your replies. Just to let you all know I’ve had some light at the end of a dark gloomy tunnel.
On Saturday I’ve had quite a lot of ‘period pain’ type cramps... and passed a lot of blood with one particularly big, grey coloured piece of tissue? Approx 2 inches long? I’m guessing this was retained tissue as since then the bleeding has completely stopped?
Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sarah18220 · 24/02/2020 11:58

Bigs hugs to those who have gone or are going through this...it’s super hard...for everyone.

EPAU have rang and offered to scan in the morning but as all symptoms have gone I think I may cancel and free up the appt for someone else?

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.