Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Miscarriage at 6 weeks

kkr168 · 02/01/2020 09:15

On the 31st dec I started bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant, pretty light flow & dark brown with no pain, the bleeding stopped after 6 or so hours. Then around 1pm yesterday I started bleeding again, this time it was bright red & there was more blood, still not enough to fill a pad (if I'd left the same 1 on) I also had cramps. I got up during the night & when wiping saw a white colored clot, could this have been the fetus? This morning the pain has gone, bleeding has slowed right down & is back to brown. I've phoned the gp they just advised testing again in a few days & to call back if I have any pain!!
Feel lost right now!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 02/01/2020 12:01

@kkr168 I’m so sorry you’re going through this 😢

I miscarried last month at 5+3 and had a pretty similar experience to you. Started with pain and then bleeding a bit later. It slowed down but then I passed the sac (it looked like grey / bloody tissue) and then the bleeding eased up. I bled lightly for a few more days. I tested 2 weeks later and it was BFN. I did call EPAU and they said they couldn’t see me as I wasn’t 6 weeks, and just to re-test in 2 weeks. As you’re 6 weeks though, I’m sure they would scan you if you wanted that?

I hope you’re as ok as can be lovey, it really is a horrid thing to go through. Sending love ❤️

Please
or

kkr168 · 02/01/2020 12:07

Thankyou for replying, I rang epu 1st thing, they told me to call my GP.
Feel so stupid, we told our immediate family we were expecting as there was no way I'd get away with not drinking over Xmas, we told our older children too. I'm not looking forward to telling them I've miscarried.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kannet · 02/01/2020 12:22

Please don't worry just yet. Wait until you have been to the episode

Please
or

Kannet · 02/01/2020 12:22

Epu

Please
or

RoLaren · 02/01/2020 12:27

I had pain and bleeding at 6 weeks, had a scan at EPAU, and there was a foetus with a heartbeat. Push for a scan x

Please
or

kkr168 · 02/01/2020 12:43

How do I get seen at epau if there telling me to call my GP, but gp just fobs me off? Is it worth ringing epau again?
My pregnancy symptoms seem to have gone too so is looking more like a miscarriage, I haven't been able to brush my teeth without being sick, today I brushed them with no sickness at all.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 02/01/2020 12:57

I would call EPAU back and say you’d like a scan as you’re (naturally) very worried. I was told they see people from 6 weeks so hopefully with a bit more persuasion they’ll see you.

Agree with what others said too. When my bleeding started my friend who’s a midwife checked it out for me. She told me she’d seen much with a viable pregnancy but also just to hope for the best but presume the worst. It wasn’t until I showed her what I passed (the sac) that she said that’s more than likely what it was.

Don’t feel stupid lovey, it’s natural to tell people especially when it falls over Christmas and you’re having to think about how to get out of drinking. We hadn’t told any family, but told them all when we’d miscarried and they were all amazingly supportive. So if that’s what’s happened for you, then I’m sure your family will be a great support for you.

I have a friend who had a bleed at around 6 weeks and she was quite demanding with EPAU and got in for a scan. All was well and her little boy is 8 months old now. So you really never know!

Please
or

kkr168 · 02/01/2020 14:37

I called my GP back & told them i want to be seen so I know one way or the other, it's horrible being in limbo, they are going to see me tomorrow!
Bleeding has pretty much stopped, just a tiny bit when wiping now

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 02/01/2020 16:12

@kkr168 Good for you! Crossing everything for you. Let us know how you get on xx

Please
or

Lozzlepop · 02/01/2020 18:09

@kkr168 so sorry to hear what you are going through, I am currently waiting for my 4th miscarriage to start- confirmed at a scan at the start of the week that baby has no heartbeat. Glad you are getting seen, your EPU should see you from 6 weeks on no questions asked, I really hope you are ok ❤️

Please
or

kkr168 · 03/01/2020 09:31

Dr has booked me in at EPU on monday morning, i'm still bleeding now but only when wiping, its now a watery blood.
I'm 99% sure I miscarried, what little pregnancy symptoms I had have gone, passed clots - one whitish one that was approx 1cm by 3cm & a couple of tiny red ones, the only 1% hope I have is that i would expect alot more blood loss then I've had, at least similar to my normal period!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 03/01/2020 10:06

@kkr168 That’s good they’ve booked you in.

I hate to be a Debbie downer but that does sound very similar to what I had when I miscarried 😢 I was expecting the bleeding to be pouring out of me, but it was lighter than a period. I really really hope this isn’t the case for you though, and you get some good news on Monday ❤️

Please
or

TerribleImagination · 06/01/2020 11:15

How did you get on @kkr168? I’ve been sending out positive thoughts for you! ❤️

Please
or

kkr168 · 06/01/2020 14:32

Hi @TerribleImagination unfortunatly it went as expected & I'd had a complete miscarriage, the nurse is going to ring me later to let me know what my HCG levels were today. They said most of the womb lining had shed, I've finally stopped bleeding so assumed that was the case. During the scan they found a cyst on my right ovary, they said this wouldn't have caused a miscarriage, I have to have another scan in 3 months to check on the cyst.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 06/01/2020 15:54

@kkr168 I’m so sorry lovey 😢 I hope you’re doing as well as can be. Sending love ❤️

Please
or

kkr168 · 06/01/2020 18:24

HCG came back at 52, so sounds quite low (I assume) already, have to have it re-tested wednesday.
I asked about when they recommended ttc again, they said 100% wait for a negative test 1st, then ideally after my periods return but she said that is just to make it easier to date any future pregnancies.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 06/01/2020 19:35

@kkr168 Yeah I was told the same too, but that it’s only for dating purposes. I haven’t waited. I got my negative test 2 weeks after the day I miscarried, but I didn’t use protection before then. I got signs of ovulation that same day too so have been DTD since then!

Crossing fingers for you that whenever you start to try again, that it happens quickly for you ❤️

Please
or

kkr168 · 06/01/2020 21:26

@TerribleImagination I cant see us waiting long either, as long as my levels drop on wednesday!! I've ordered some ovulation tests today to help us track this time.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TerribleImagination · 07/01/2020 07:56

@kkr168 I’m sure they will lovey, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏻 And for a BFP in a few weeks for both of us! 🥰

Please
or

kkr168 · 08/01/2020 22:01

HCG blood test came back at 23 today

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.