Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Did I ovulate 2 weeks post miscarriage?

Zoey36 · 30/10/2019 22:06

I thought maybe someone here will have more knowledge or experience than me.

I had a miscarriage on 2nd October.
I got my first negative test on 25th October.
I started spotting on 29th October.
If this is my period beginning, did I ovulate about 2 weeks ago - even though I was still getting positive tests?

I wish I knew more about how the body works!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AlviesMam · 30/10/2019 22:50

They say you ovulate two weeks after a miscarriage. I had a still birth nearly two weeks ago, still bleeding lightly and I presume I'll be ovulating in the next few days. Waiting for my period to return to start tracking properly. So you possibly did ovulate two weeks ago by looking at your dates. X

Please
or

Lozz22 · 30/10/2019 23:00

I ovulated 2 weeks after my 3rd miscarriage. First pregnancy that I've actually gotten good strong dark lines right from the start, Pregnancy symptoms as well and then we lost our Baby at 9 weeks. Baby stopped growing around 6/7 weeks but my body failed to realise until 2-3 weeks later.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 30/10/2019 23:42

I just didn't think it could happen whilst still getting positives! Not even sure I had stopped bleeding then....😮 very interesting though!

OP's posts:
Please
or

sunshinefordays · 01/11/2019 16:31

Hi Zoey36, I'm really sorry that you lost your baby.

I've been asking the same question as you - whether it's possible to ovulate whilst still getting positive tests.

I had surgical management of miscarriage on the 6th of Sep and am still getting positive tests 8 weeks later. I had a tiny bit of bleeding 3 weeks ago which I initially thought was my period, but I took a test the next morning and it was still positive (and they are still positive this week).

So unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but we're keen to try and have a baby as soon as we can so hoping that I will ovulate soon - wishing you all the best.

Please
or

Zoey36 · 01/11/2019 17:13

Sunshine I just don't think anyone really knows. I'd love a degree in reproductive biology!
My spotting became bleeding this morning so I am assuming period but I too am getting faint positive tests.

I'm not sure if it is hcg from the miscarriage or a chemical. I went to EPAU 3 weeks after my miscarriage because I was getting positive tests. They did one and said it was negative. Then the next day I got a negative at home. But I've had very faint positives on cheap tests so yesterday morning I did a FRER and it's clearly positive but very faint. Now I don't know whether their test wasn't truely negative and then the one I did the next day I wasn't looking for a line so thought it was negative when ir wasn't? Or maybe I did have a very early loss? I JUST DONT KNOW!

Have you had a scan? I had a scan 2 days after my miscarriage where they confirmed a complete miscarriage but I guess hcg takes a while to get back to pre-pregnancy levels? 8 weeks seems a very long time.

What are you going to do?

OP's posts:
Please
or

sunshinefordays · 02/11/2019 11:23

@Zoey36
I know - it's really confusing isn't it, and frustrating when you don't have the answers and nor do the doctors. I think they must not use as sensitive tests at the EPU as the FRER ones?

I'm glad you had a scan where they confirmed nothing was left, otherwise that's a worry. I had similar to you in that I went back to the EPU about 3 weeks after the SMM (so about 5 weeks ago) and they did another scan and said everything looked fine. I then rang them two weeks later (because of the continued positive tests) and they said that they had ruled out a molar pregnancy (thank goodness) and so didn't have any answers as to why the HCG was taking so long to go down. Once they had told me that they said that if I still didn't have my period after another 3 weeks (which would be this coming Monday) then I should give them another call, I'm not sure what they would do then though. I have been there so often that I am not keen to go back! My husband and I were originally going to use contraception until I got my period again, but after about 5 weeks of waiting we decided to stop...

What I've done is to take a Clear Blue "How many weeks?" test (two weeks ago) when it said "1-2 weeks", thinking that if in a couple of weeks if my period still hasn't arrived I can take another "How many weeks" test to see if it is either negative or higher, i.e. whether it's a new pregnancy or my body has finally realised that it lost the first baby.

I really hope that your body recovers quickly and that you're able to have a healthy little baby soon Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.