Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Medically managed mc experiences

Waitingandwaiting123 · 20/08/2019 11:14

Hi everyone just looking for some advice please. I had tablets inserted yesterday to bring on bleeding for a mmc. About 4 hours later I had really strong cramping and some bleeding with small clots. About 12 hours later 2 larger solid clots and that's all. The bleeding has almost stopped. I rang the clinic but the nurse just said I need to give it up to a week and the bleeding may stop and start, but I'm terrified that the tablets havent worked. Everyone's stories I read mentions very heavy bleeding that's lasts hours and hours. Has anyone had a similar experience that ended up ok?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Waitingandwaiting123 · 20/08/2019 19:06

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

OrangeHue · 20/08/2019 19:20

Hi waiting and waiting, I’m
So sorry for your loss.

I had a medical management last weeks, it was very painful especially when the sac came out. I bled a lot the first two days then it lessened which I found odd because like you I was told you bleed for much longer. I went for a long walk on Saturday and the bleeding started up again.

The sac came out on the first day and the placenta came out two days later. It’s now day 6 and I’m not bleeding lots but it’s enough to change a pad 3/4 times a day. I hope that’s helped, feel free to ask any other questions

Please
or

AwkwardPaws27 · 20/08/2019 20:54

Mine kept stopping and starting - I found going for a walk (nothing too strenuous) increased the bleeding whereas it seemed to stall when I rested on the sofa.

Please
or

Waitingandwaiting123 · 20/08/2019 21:01

@OrangeHue thanks for your reply and sorry to hear of your loss too Sad. I don't think the sac has come out yet. It will be 48 hours tomorrow morning since the tablets. I just feel like my body has failed at pregnancy and now it's failing at miscarriage. Haven't had hardly any bleeding today, enough for a pantyliner I would say.

@AwkwardPaws27 thanks for your reply and sorry for your loss. I have been pretty much resting on the sofa. I will definitely try going for a walk.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AwkwardPaws27 · 20/08/2019 21:05

I just feel like my body has failed at pregnancy and now it's failing at miscarriage

Oh love. I felt like this too. This feeling does pass. It takes time though - it's been 3 weeks and I'm still knackered but feeling more myself emotionally now. Big hugs for you.
Do try gentle walking, I found getting out of the house really helped me mentally as well as physically increasing the bleeding.

Please
or

Waitingandwaiting123 · 20/08/2019 21:12

@AwkwardPaws27 thank you. If you don't mind me asking, how many weeks were you? And were you aware of passing the sac/placenta? I was 9 weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AwkwardPaws27 · 20/08/2019 21:30

8 weeks, but although my sac had developed at a normal rate it was unfortunately empty. I passed some very large clots, I was aware of passing them as they felt different to bleeding and it seems the sac was within these but I didn't actually see it.
I passed what I think was the placenta after 1.5 weeks which was a bit of a shock as I thought everything was gone by then. The bleeding stopped a few days later.

Please
or

Waitingandwaiting123 · 20/08/2019 21:38

@AwkwardPaws27 I'm exactly the same, empty sac Sad was this your first pregnancy? Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AwkwardPaws27 · 20/08/2019 21:43

I had a chemical pregnancy a few years ago, this was our first time TTC though. It's a bit shit but I'm feeling a lot better now.
I hope you recover physically & emotionally soon.

Please
or

OrangeHue · 20/08/2019 22:51

I’m so sorry both, it’s a horrible thing to go through but I’m glad to hear that you are feeling a little better awkward. Waiting, I was 9 weeks too. My sac kept growing but the heartbeat had stopped.

I’m Sorry you feel you’re body is letting you down. I had a chemical last year and a missed miscarriage this time so I understand the feeling of feeling let down. Just be kind to yourself. I agree about the gentle walking. I was told to go back to EPU for another pessary if the sac hadn’t passed. I didn’t need to but you may want to give your EPU a call tomorrow and book in for a scan.

Sorry this is happened and even more sorry that it’s taking longer than it should. Good luck and let us know how you get on

Please
or

rosamundos · 21/08/2019 15:05

I'm so sorry you're going through this OP. I had a MMC (stopped developing at 6/7 weeks, I took the tablets at 10 weeks).

I had what effectively were early labour style contractions on and off for 4 days with extremely heavy bleeding and clotting. End of day 4 bleeding was light, day 5 nada. And then suddenly on day 6, once I thought it was all done with, I had a further set of contractions and another enormous clot followed by bleeding. Day 7/8 were like an early period. So it was on and off for me.

In terms of failure... I think everyone here knows that feeling. It's crushing. Remember you're not alone x

Please
or

Waitingandwaiting123 · 21/08/2019 15:48

Thanks everyone. Epu still won't do anything for a week and still no more bleeding today, even after a long walk. And no cramps either. Surely if it had been successful i would have had more than an evening of bleeding? I guess I just have to accept that this is out of my control and I have to wait.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.