Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Light bleed/period after MMC?

Jojowash · 06/06/2019 01:18

Hey,

New to this forum, on other ones but mostly people are Americans and they do things differently in their doctors etc.

So I apologise ahead for any mistakes, it’s not as easy on here.

I would have been 11 weeks pregnant but found out I’d had a MMC, naturally MC on 7th-9th May.

I’ve just got my first period, had mood symptoms and knew it was coming but.. very very light, panty liner only, I’ve been looking forward to getting back to normal so I can start trying again but this really isn’t looking good????

I presume my lining is thin, does this been an egg won’t implant? I’m so desperate to conceive again.

Has anyone had this and conceived again quickly?

Worried.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lea89 · 12/06/2019 22:25

@Jojowash

Hi! I’m kinda in the same boat but I had a D and C 4 weeks ago and I THINK my period has made its appearance but like you say it’s VERY VERY light and only brown in colour. It’s hardly reaching my pad and mainly when I wipe after I’ve been the loo. I’ve read up a lot on this and noticed that other women have too had the same where their period has been very light. I think like you say the lining is thin so there’s not much to shed?!

I’m curios to know how yours went on? Did it get heavier? How long did it last for?

Xx

Please
or

Soleste · 13/06/2019 17:38

Hi ladies, I’m experiencing exactly the same after a natural miscarriage (MMC at 9 weeks gestation) just over 4 weeks ago. I’ve had very very light brown spotting for 5 days now. I saw my GP for something else yesterday and mentioned it to her. She wasn’t at all worried about it and said it can take a few cycles to get back to normal. Also gave us clearance to start trying again straightaway but like you I’m worried that the lining isn’t developing properly. Would be good to hear any good news stories!

Please
or

Jojowash · 14/06/2019 22:18

@Lea89

Hey lovely, it went from only turning up when I wiped to heavy for about 3 days, now I'm bank to light bleed red and brown blood. I presume it's just my body trying to sort itself.

How are you doing? Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jojowash · 14/06/2019 22:20

@Lea89 @Soleste

I'm still bleeding it's been 10 days :-(

OP's posts:
Please
or

itscallednickingbentcoppers · 15/06/2019 00:49

Yes mine was long post mmc and varied between light and heavy.

Please
or

Chanel05 · 15/06/2019 09:40

I've just got af after mmc and it's quite heavy so far. I had an erpc.

Please
or

Soleste · 15/06/2019 13:28

It’s 7 days and counting for me (still just light brown spotting, not a proper period). Very annoying as I was hoping to start tracking my cycle and the app I am using is counting this spotting as part of the previous cycle 😕. Just feels like it’ll be another wasted month at this rate....

Please
or

Lea89 · 19/06/2019 08:35

@Jojowash

Hey lovely! So mine turned up Thursday last week and I’ve been in chronic pain with it, very much like contractions (I only know this as I do have 1 child already) it went to a very red fresh bleed but that only lasted about 4 days, I’ve now been very very lightly spotting since Monday this week. I’m just hoping it calms down ASAP.. how are you doing? Xx

Please
or

Jojowash · 19/06/2019 16:51

Yeah it's all stopped now so I'm pleased. Hopefully things have gone back to normal :-)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lea89 · 19/06/2019 21:24

@Jojowash Ahhh I’m so glad for you! 😘 so how long in total was your period? Im still spotting after a big bleed 🙄 xx

Please
or

Jojowash · 19/06/2019 21:42

10 full days in end. Started on 4th June and last but if spotting on Friday I think? I know by my CM that I was ovulating yesterday, it was quite obvious. So dragged him up to bed ! 😏 Here's hoping. My CM hasn't been the same since MC, when not bleeding I was quite dry, that panicked me too. It's the first time I feel my body is relatively normal.

It was crazy for me to have such a long period, I've not been on the pill since I was 18 (now 39) and my periods were 28 days dead on every month and heavy bleed for day 1 bad then light for about 2 days.

Everything is just that horrible reminder that i lost a baby and that it's going to be longer before can get pregnant again. Everything like this is another hinderance.

Oh well. Let's do the TWW.

Keep in touch heySmile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lea89 · 20/06/2019 15:44

@Jojowash

I’m glad to hear your finally back on the mend! What’s TWW and CM though? - sorry not great with this!

So I suppose I should expect to bleed for upto 10 days at least. I just want it to go away so I can try again. I’m only very lightly spotting now but I suppose that still counts towards your period ... sigh xx

Please
or

Jojowash · 20/06/2019 15:53

@Lea89

Hey lovely,

Don't worry! I'm new to this too and still can't work out the meanings of some things :-)

CM- cervical mucus
TWW- two week wait

Most people on here's period has gone a bit longer after a MC. I suppose our wombs are still quite enlarged ? And a first period after 4 months too I suppose it would be :-(

Got to try and look positively though, a longer period is still a period, still brings a new cycle. So there's hope for this month. X x keep each other informed! Xx good luck and hope your body settles down quickly x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lea89 · 20/06/2019 21:47

@Jojowash

Ahhh I’m really hoping you get your BFP in the next few weeks!!

Yes, please keep in touch! X

Please
or

Lea89 · 03/07/2019 20:57

@Jojowash how you getting on hun? Xx

Please
or

Jgirl007 · 14/04/2022 19:35

I had a medical mc on 27th feb,
( pessaries inserted)
I have a 26 day cycle
2 periods have tried to show since...all ive had is light spots when wiping....ovulation pain, period pain but zero flow!
Can anyone help, ive googled i think is my nightmare...
Im 36 and would love more kids xxx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.