Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Reaccurant misscarriages!!

pregancy123 · 10/04/2019 16:25

HELP!

has anyone been to the reaccurant miscarriage clinic?

What do they advise and what do they test for? How long is the process normally?

Also how long did everyone wait after ectopic pregnancy to start trying to conceive again? ( when's safe?)

I've had two misscarriages and one ectopic and left tube removed. Can anyone offer any advice at all?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lauraliverpool · 10/04/2019 17:54

We have been referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic after our 3rd MMC last Wednesday. Been advised to not try to get pregnant whilst this is taking place, preferably to have had a period before hand. Yet to get our appointment but I've been told it involves blood tests for various things, possible scans of uterus etc, hormone tests etc then once they have all the results you go back to discuss their findings. No idea how long the process is. Have not had an ectopic pregnancy so not certain on how long you should wait before trying again. X

Please
or

keepingspiritsup · 12/04/2019 20:05

I have had both an ectopic (left tube removed) and recurrent miscarriages.

Firstly the ectopic - did they try and treat you with methotrexate before removing your tube? If so it's a minimum 12 week wait before ttc and that's really important! MTX is basically a cancer drug and removes folic acid so is really dangerous to a developing baby if you get pregnant too soon. If you just had the surgery the recommended wait time is still 12 weeks to enable the body to heal itself

So the recurrent miscarriage clinic - they'll do blood tests for thyroid problems and blood clotting factors and that's pretty much it - I found it a bit pointless - no scans of uterus and no testing of partners sperm. If they don't find anything you are packed off with a good luck and ring us when you get a positive pregnancy test for a scan at 6 weeks.

Please
or

TakeMe2Insanity · 12/04/2019 22:15

I’ve had 3 miscarriages in sucession. We were referred in early January and were seen last week initially by a nurse practitioner. She did an internal scan to xheck for obvious problems and took lots of coagulation related blood tests. We’ve been lucky enough to get a consultant appointment next week as we are having ivf transfer the week after. So far they’ve offered reassurance scans at 6,8 and 10 weeks. We’ll see what the consultant adds but so far all I imagine is blood thinners - I don’t have sticky blood.

Good luck

Please
or

Louise187 · 11/03/2020 19:48

Help anybody please
I have rectory turned 40 and on misscarriage number three my last one was silent so opted for the d&c. I was put under the reaccurant clinic at Wrightington they have done a base line scan which was fine and parter is fine
My bloods showed low immune but have to go back in 6 weeks as it may be down to the d&c
He has also said my egg count is low
Should I carry on as feel I don’t know if I could deal with anymore misscarriage
I know I have to keep positive but I’d there anyway success stories please xxx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.