Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Over quickly?

tomatan1990 · 30/03/2019 19:29

So I had a tiny bit of spotting this week.. referred for an early scan Thursday at 9+4 but baby had stopped growing at 6+2. Got told I’d have to come back for a scan in a week to check no more growth. Friday night the spotting got heavier and i started properly bleeding in the night. Woke up early Saturday (today) with period type pain which got increasingly worse with lots of bleeding and clots coming out. Went to hospital, more of the same and eventually I was examined and they said my cervix had closed. I instantly felt better and not much pain from then on. I am just worried that it has stalled and will start again as about 12 hours seems very quick for it to be over. Has anyone experienced this and should I expect it to continue? Thought I would feel relieved once the physical bit was over but just had another wave of sadness. ☹️

OP's posts:
Please
or

crazyfools · 30/03/2019 19:46

Sending you hugs

12 hours sounds about right especially if you have passed some significant clots - I found with mine it got progressively worse - almost like what I imagine contractions would feel like - the worst bit lasted about an hour or so after that it did tail off - start to finish was about 12 hours and that was a 12 week pregnancy x

Please
or

tomatan1990 · 30/03/2019 20:06

Thank you crazy fool xx that sounds very similar. Fingers crossed it’s all over at least physically!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.