Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Seeing a Private Consultant

PumpkinPatch000 · 10/09/2018 15:45

Hello Everyone,

Sadly i've experienced two miscarriages this year and after much thought have decided to see a private consultant. I was hoping for some advice if possible..

1. Is there anyone you would recommend (London area)?
  2. Anyone/any place to avoid?
  3. What to expect?

This is something i've been thinking about doing for months and if i'm completely honest i've put it off but if feeling ready to face it now.

Any help would be much appreciated. i've looked online and found a couple of consultants but I have no idea what i'm doing really.

Sarah x
OP's posts:
Please
or

Iggii · 11/09/2018 00:04

Have you any idea what might be happening? I saw Hassan Shehata but that was because I had autoimmune issues (thyroid) which made me wonder if his treatments might work (they did).
Sorry for your losses.

Please
or

PumpkinPatch000 · 11/09/2018 07:44

Thank you for replying @Iggii . I have no idea. I’ve already had some general blood tests for thyroid, diabetes, etc and they were all fine I’ve also had blood tests for autoimmune issues like Hughs Syndrome and Lupin as they thought they could be the cause of the second miscarriage but they came back negative too.

I’m so sorry you have experienced loss too, I’m really happy to hear the treatment worked for you! It’s good to hear some positivity.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Iggii · 11/09/2018 08:29

There used to be a long running thread about testing/treatment on here. There was also similar about NKcells over on conception. Great sources of info. I read books by Lesley Regan and also another one (Avoiding miscarriage?) that went through the different “types” of causes (eg it’s clotting for some people) I found that helpful. You might find more consultant names by searching on here. Gorgy rings a bell, Regan too.

Please
or

PumpkinPatch000 · 11/09/2018 18:20

Ah I wonder if I can find it @Iggii. I did have a little look before posting but maybe I didn't go back far enough, i'll have another look. Thank you for letting me know. I was surprised not to see any threads like this around.

It's funny you mention that because I just started reading a book by Lesley Regan. I'm finding it good so far as it's so detailed but on a level that is easy to understand. i've tried to get hold of her consultancy but to no avail yet. Will try again tomorrow!

OP's posts:
Please
or

wheezing · 12/09/2018 14:20

Oh I’m glad you posted this. I’m pregnant for the 3rd time this year and if this fails I want to see someone. I’d rather go privately also.

Please
or

PumpkinPatch000 · 12/09/2018 17:27

Good luck @wheezing I hope all goes well!
I’m booked in to see a private consultant on Monday. It actually feels like a weight has been lifted just the thought of seeing someone who may be able to help x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lumpy76 · 18/09/2018 08:58

@PumpkinPatch000 - sorry for your losses. I’m currently in hospital after another mmc. I’m 42 (43 in jan) South Essex area. I was also thinking about seeing a private consultant after this. How did it go if you don’t mind me asking? Xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.