Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Missed Miscarriage 11 weeks

Londongirl03 · 03/07/2018 10:25

Morning all,

I had a missed miscarriage last week at 11 weeks. Started spotting a week ago and went to A&E who checked my BP and basically said they couldn’t do anything as it was a Sunday. Then had a scan on a Monday which showed that the fetus had stopped developing early on. I then had very severe pain and lots of bleeding for 3 days and then had a medically managed miscarriage procedure in the hospital on sat as my pregnancy sac was not going. The consultant then scanned me and said there was a very small amount of tissue left but would pass with next period. He advised waiting 2 cycles before TTC to make sure the tissue has passed and my uterus is back to normal. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this situation as I am keen to try sooner and have not heard this before?

Thanks for any replies x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Scottishgirl88 · 03/07/2018 16:41

Mine seems to be similar. I had a mmc at 11w5d with bleeding and period pains at a&e doctors said that it stopped developing around 9w. I got medical management to hurry up the process but today I started with extreme pain and vomiting. Couldn’t sit or stand without support. Went to a&e and they did a d&c without putting me under (not a nice experience) I have been told to not ttc for two periods as the lining of the uterus has been thinned out so won’t be able to support another pregnancy. But I so want to get going trying as soon as possible. It’s going to be so hard to wait! I’m just devistated that they didn’t just opt to do the d&c to start with to sped up the process it’s been weeks of pain already to get to this point and now looks like another two weeks of bleeding until the d&c bleeding has Stopped. Just want it all over to start moving on!

Please
or

Londongirl03 · 03/07/2018 18:28

Oh you poor thing :( I imagine a D&C without putting you under was horrible. I had been told by another consultant that I would be good to TTC as soon as I stopped bleeding but it seems not. Realise sound take medical advice on board it’s just so difficult to think of letting time go by.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Scottishgirl88 · 03/07/2018 18:45

Yeah I got some gas and air and I sucked HARD on the air when I felt a lot of pain. Just hard is it’s extending this process another two weeks longer. Like the last two weeks of pain were for nothing. F you also had a d&c then maybe consider what my midwife said. The uterus lining will have been scrapped thin so may not be able to support another baby so fast so you are more likely to miscarry again. Really I want to wait for my first period then possibly book i private obgyn to do a scan and see if the uterus is recovered enough to try again. I know I should probably just wait one month more. But it’s all I can think about. I will not feel better until I’m pregnant again. I NEED this to move on you know?

Please
or

Londongirl03 · 03/07/2018 20:37

Yes absolutely I know what you mean. I didn’t have a D&C, passed most of it naturally over a week and then my pregnancy sac collapsed so had to go into hospital to be medically managed. There is a small amount of lining left in my uterus now which is the problem it seems :(

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.