Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Can I have a bath yet? :/

Spooples · 16/06/2018 18:49

Last Friday (8 days ago) I miscarried. Before that I had been experiencing brown discharge for about 10 days but on Friday it became heavy red. I had a scan on Tuesday where they confirmed it was a complete miscarriage, so no D and C needed. For the last few days the bleeding has tailed off, and today I'm pretty sure it's stopped.

I am absolutely desperate for a bath but the doctor at the EPU told me I shouldn't take a bath, have sex, or use tampons. I was so upset and shocked at the time that I didn't think to ask how long. The EPU gave me very very little other information, and my GP won't see me for over a month (the joys of living in a deprived area of London) so I'm really not sure if it's safe to at this point.

I seem to be finding different information online. After 8 days and the bleeding stopped is it safe to have a bath? I just desperately want to relax and float and feel it would make me feel better, but I'm scared in case it's still dangerous :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

SophieE1987 · 16/06/2018 18:51

From the leaflet I had you can have a bath once the bleeding has stopped - I’m sorry for your loss, it’s a shit thing to have to go through, I hope you enjoy your bath!

Please
or

Spooples · 16/06/2018 18:57

Thanks lovely. I think it should be OK now and I just really really want one. It's weird - I'm not usually a bath person but I just feel like I NEED one now.

Also... This is silly but I thought I'd replied to myself for a second then - I'm also a Sophie E! Haha.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Corrag · 16/06/2018 19:04

Flowers
Please
or

TinyPaws · 16/06/2018 19:49

Sorry for your loss. Flowers

I was told I could bathe in my own bath any time, but to wait until the bleeding stopped before using swimming pools or hot tubs due to the risk of infection. So you should be fine to enjoy a bath.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.