Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

2 Miscarriages but it all ended well

workingmumof2going4gold · 16/05/2018 23:03

I suffered 2 miscarriages, both of them in the 1st trimester - the first one was at 12 weeks and the 2nd one was at 10 weeks. It was very devastating for us as a family but we pulled through. After seeing my consultant, a recommended prescription was given to me and I went on the carry the next pregnancy to full term - my son is now 1 and we are absolutely crazy about him. Just wanted to share to encourage someone else as I do understand the pain and loss.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Wetwashing00 · 16/05/2018 23:26

I’ve had 5, 4 before my DD and 1 before my DS.
I was advised to take aspirin during the successful pregnancies.
I would’ve liked to have maybe one more child but I don’t think I can go through it all again, the worrying, bed rest, check ups, paranoia.
I am eternally thankful for the 2 children I have. But it was tough getting there.

Please
or

workingmumof2going4gold · 17/05/2018 10:18

Wow that is quite amazing!

I was also advised to take aspirin. However, it was a serious mental battle because of the worry and anxiety but I always tried to keep the mental image of holding my new baby son in my arms and that got me through..

My plan was to have 2 so all done. Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Wetwashing00 · 17/05/2018 10:43

I ended up being quite obsessed with finding out what went wrong and why I miscarried. But each miscarriage of mine was completely different but I couldn’t settle for the explanation of: sometimes it just happens. Just before I fell pregnant with my eldest I was very low and I attempted to end it all. I was convinced the amazing aspirin proved I had some kind of condition despite all tests/investigations coming back negative. I have never found out why, but I draw a line under it now.
Funnily enough after my second child I was diagnosed with auto-immune disease.
I’m
So happy I’m past all Of that now.

Please
or

Vuduvu · 17/05/2018 19:42

Thanks so much for this post. I’ve just had my second mmc and so anxious about whether I will ever have a successful pregnancy - it really helps to hear positive stories.

Please
or

workingmumof2going4gold · 21/05/2018 21:23

Hoping it all goes well for you

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mama0 · 02/06/2018 23:00

Thank you for sharing. I am pregnant after 2 miscarriages now however doctors have just told me to wait it out and won't investigate unless I have 3. Reading positive stories is keeping me going

Please
or

workingmumof2going4gold · 03/06/2018 15:17

I am glad you are reading positive stories. After my 2nd miscarriage, reading about other people's experiences really kept me going. Hoping it all goes well for you Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

StargazyDrifter · 10/06/2018 12:36

This is genuinely uplifting to read, thank you for posting.

Please
or

Neece81 · 10/06/2018 16:09

Needed to hear this today, thanks for sharing x

Please
or

Vuduvu · 10/06/2018 17:17

mama0 good luck for your pregnancy. How far along are you?

Please
or

workingmumof2going4gold · 11/06/2018 21:41

Neece81 - I know of days like that..I had many days like that when I felt so down but I am glad you found something positive in my story. Are you planning another baby or currently expecting?

OP's posts:
Please
or

workingmumof2going4gold · 11/06/2018 21:43

StargazyDrifter - I am so glad I posted it as well. For a very long time I didn't want to talk about either miscarriage but I found when I eventually opened up it really did go a long way to help me plus there are so many excellent counselling services/support groups that one can go to.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mamimawr · 11/06/2018 21:47

We have an asprin baby too. My son was born after two mmc, both around 11 / 12 weeks.

Please
or

Neece81 · 12/06/2018 08:30

My second miscarriage finished 4 weeks (took 6 weeks and 2 operations to get it over), and my first period since December started this weekend so was all over the place. Will be trying again soon and trying to not overthink it x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.