Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Been left for 3 weeks???

Funkyemzie · 26/02/2018 12:31

This is more of a rant. Started bleeding on 16th Feb, went into hospital due to complications but had a scan, no heartbeat but the sac and the stem was there. They told me to come back in another week to see if either a heartbeat develops or it miscarry's completely. Been back this morning after heavy bleeding all week which stopped yesterday. They told me alot still left but that's it now, I've got to go home and do a test in 2 weeks and call them back with the results...is this normal, it's already been 10 days and they want me to go 2 more weeks?! I've read on numerous pages that people have been offered medical intervention. I just want this to be over now and don't know what to do, I'm feeling horrendous now. 😢

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnnoyedByAlfieBear · 26/02/2018 14:33

The waiting is awful, but they need to be sure. I was kept waiting 6 weeks (with checks/scans every 2) before I was offered intervention. It's horrendous. I'm so sorry for your loss. X

Please
or

TroubledTribble28 · 26/02/2018 14:41

I was left too so it could be perfectly normal. I too just wanted the waiting and not knowing to be over. Could you call your local EPU and tell them the situation, maybe they can reassure you at least? I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

Please
or

HidCat · 26/02/2018 14:49

I wasn't offered anything either - I didn't even know there was Medical or Surgical Management until I came on here! It seems that unless there is an indication of complication, they leave our bodies to it. If you feel you need intervention then I would phone your EPU and ask for it. I hope you're ok @Funkyemzie and so sorry for your loss.

Please
or

Funkyemzie · 26/02/2018 15:23

Thanks guys. I'm so sorry, I sound like a tantruming toddler, I'm so fed up and we just want to start again, it's a bit raw from this morning and kind of hit home that we would be giving friends and family the good news tomorrow, I'm taking all this quite hard. 😞

OP's posts:
Please
or

maxiflump1 · 26/02/2018 17:24

Sorry to hear of your experience @Funkyemzie. Can I just ask how many weeks gone were you?

I have had a very different experience to you so think it just varies between hospitals. I went in at 9 weeks with a bleed and scan showed no heartbeat. They said because I was quite far along there was no need for another scan and was offered either a medical or surgical management. We went for the medical option which failed (twice) so I have been in today (12 days after scan) and had a successful surgical managed miscarriage. (After another scan)

I didn't have any additional risks or
Complications. I realise now how lucky I am as I can't imagine having to wait so long. Thanks to you and I hope things get better for you soon.

Please
or

Funkyemzie · 26/02/2018 18:18

@maxiflump1 I went in at 10+4 so had to wait a week from the first scan. Thank you, same to you lovely. Xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.