Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Miscarriage confusion bleeding questions

Beckyboo2203 · 13/12/2017 19:42

I had a miscarriage 2 1/2 weeks ago at approx 5 weeks pregnant.
I bled for a week, it all stopped for about a week and I did a preg test which still had a very faint positive, the last couple of days I have been bleeding again, doesn’t really seem like a period though, it’s really light pink, it’s stopped today, done another test and still positive. When do you think I should contact the doctors? x

OP's posts:
Please
or

S1at4r3 · 17/12/2017 20:43

Get yourself to the doctors young lady! They'll book you in for an internal scan!

Sometimes it takes a while for the hormoans to get out of your system however, from what I've been reading, spotting and bleeding is quite common in pregnancy! A friend told me when she tried to reassure me when I was having my last nisscarrage that she bled throughout her pregnancy so get yourself to the doctors and get confirnation! Xxx whatever the outcone, you can deal with it then without being in limbo! Xxx

Please
or

DownNotOutt · 19/12/2017 22:29

Hi OP. Sorry for what you've been through. After my D&C I spotted until about 3 and a half weeks and 5 weeks on I still have enough HGC in my system to get a positive test. The level is very low (10) and I've had blood draws and they said its normal at this stage. I hope you feel better soon.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?