Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Heavy bleed at 7 weeks which has now stopped - miscarriage?

BergamotMouse · 11/12/2017 15:18

Hello,
I had a big bleed last night. Lots of red blood, sat on the toilet with it dripping out. Went to A&E on the advice of 111 and they've booked me in for a scan tomorrow. The bleeding lasted maybe an hour and has now pretty much stopped. I expected a miscarriage would be constant bleeding. I've had no cramps.

Does it sound like a miscarriage or just a bleed? I know I'll need to wait until tomorrow but the wait is really stressing me out.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LAlexander7 · 11/12/2017 18:37

Hi,

Sorry your having to go through this, it could be a miscarriage you could buy a test tonight an accurate one and try.

I hope it isn't though fingers crossed

Please
or

LAlexander7 · 11/12/2017 18:41

Everyone is different, ours showed negative almost straight after a bleed.

You could take 2 and see if the hCG levels go down or up.

Please
or

BergamotMouse · 11/12/2017 19:15

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any tests left as used them all to keep checking in the early days. I wouldn't want the false hope it might give if it came back positive. It's not much longer to wait for the scan though now.

If you don't mind me asking did you have cramping alongside your bleeding and did the bleeding go on for a long time? Feel free not to answer if that's too personal.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FourForYouGlenCoco · 11/12/2017 20:51

I had this at nearly 9 weeks - was out shopping and it felt like I’d peed myself, a huge gush with clots and everything. Had had 3 previous miscarriages so was convinced it was all over, but went for a scan a few days later and there was a little blob with a heartbeat. DS is now 16 months. Never found a reason or cause for the bleed, although I had a dodgy smear after he was born & had to have treatment, so my theory is that my cervix was playing up thanks to pregnancy hormones. In hindsight, the giveaway that things were ok were that I never had any cramping during the bleed (the usual early pregnancy stuff, but no actual pain) and that my symptoms carried on just as strongly afterwards. Very best of luck OP, really hope your scan goes well and will be thinking of you tomorrow Flowers

Please
or

BergamotMouse · 11/12/2017 21:05

Thanks - that's reassuring. Sounds quite similar, I'll hope for the same outcome.

Blast from the past. I remember you glencoco from an antenatal group! My daughter is also 16 months!

OP's posts:
Please
or

FourForYouGlenCoco · 13/12/2017 09:01

Oh Mouse wow! You have a much better memory than me Grin but I did think your name was familiar (I’m not just saying that, honest). How did your scan go?

Please
or

BergamotMouse · 13/12/2017 11:08

Not good news unfortunately. Abnormal sac and lots of clots. I'm in today for surgical management. I feel like I'm coming to terms with it though.

OP's posts:
Please
or

FourForYouGlenCoco · 14/12/2017 11:14

Oh Mouse, I’m sorry, that sucks Sad I’ve had 2x D&Cs and they’re not fun, but at least it’s over with then so you can start to process everything. Hope all went as well as it could have done yesterday Flowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.