Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

10 weeks worried possible mc

Samantha198 · 17/10/2017 09:09

Hi everyone plz any advice would be great. I'm around 10 weeks and currently loosing blood not enough to change pads regular but lost a decent size clot last night too. I lost pregnancy symptoms last week and am booked in for a scan tom but petrified its going to be bad news x

OP's posts:
Please
or

supermoon15 · 17/10/2017 09:33

Hello, I am sorry that you are experiencing bleeding, it can be such a worry.
I cannot say to you one way or the other that everything will be O.K. Some ladies experience bleeding as part of their pregnancy and it is normal for them- there are lots of reasons but one is that implantation cause a contusion which bleeds- I think that it is called a subchorionic hematoma.
My friend bled at 11 weeks and the babe was fine and was actually born full term yesterday.
I on the other hand had a bleed that started at 10 weeks and continued for a week and a half before I had a full loss. Unfortunately I trusted my midwife when she said it was perfectly 'normal' and I did not know at the time that I could request an early scan. I think that I would have been more prepared if I could have seen that the little one was not meant to be.
Sometimes the loss of pregnancy symptoms is not always a bad thing, I am currently 24 weeks with my little blessing. I also lost symptoms around 10 weeks after feeling terrible. So this time around I asked for an early scan as I was so nervous, they found that I was a week and a half ahead which correlated with my loss of symptoms.
So, all I can say is try to rest today and tomorrow with luck you will see your little one. Do you have someone to come with you?

Please
or

Samantha198 · 17/10/2017 09:43

Thankyou for taking time to reply my partner is coming with me tom for the scan x

OP's posts:
Please
or

supermoon15 · 17/10/2017 18:07

Ah that is good, it is definitely much better to have someone with you. I hope that you find that all is well and it was just one of those things. I will be thinking of you and I am sending some Mummy vibes and strength to you. x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.