Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mc not 'finishing' on its own

bluebird3 · 04/08/2017 19:08

Has anyone had this happen? I had a mc at 6 weeks. It was suspected ectopic at one point but nothing visible in scan and beta levels started dropping. Here is the run down

5 weeks 5 days - initial bloods 210 (should have been 1000)
2 days later: 486
3 days later: 678 (worried ectopic as rising)
2 days later: 360 (said mc naturally now)
1 week later: 120
1 week later: 62
1 week later: 48 (not dropping properly)
1 week later (today) : 48 (stalled)

I have to go in tomorrow to discuss with doctor what options there are. They said possibly an injection? Has anyone had this happen and know what the injection is and the future fertility implications?

OP's posts:
Please
or

bluebird3 · 04/08/2017 22:00

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

Helbelle75 · 04/08/2017 22:03

I miscarried naturally at home, so I don't know I'm afraid, but I hope someone comes along who can help.

Please
or

Cantamendusername · 04/08/2017 22:05

I've not had this happen but had a similar situation (levels not dropping sufficiently).
They were thinking of giving me an injection of methotrexate but that was when they suspected ectopic. I think you have to wait three months before TTC again after that but won't affect future fertility.

Please
or

Cantamendusername · 04/08/2017 22:08

Also just to add, I started to miscarry at around 8+3 after no heartbeat at 7 weeks but it took seven weeks for my levels to drop so it could just be taking a little longer for them to drop.
So sorry for your loss it's an awful experience and unfortunately all too common Flowers

Please
or

bluebird3 · 04/08/2017 22:30

Thanks. This was my 2nd ivf attempt so was planning to wait a few months before go #3. It would be awful to find out it would impact egg quality or quantity. Guess I will see what the doctor says tomorrow.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.