My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

HCG levels after a miscarriage

4 replies

lavender39 · 19/12/2012 13:19

I miscarried on sunday and wondered how long it would take my levels to get back down to normal, is was somewhere between 8-10 weeks pregnant....

OP posts:
diyqueen · 19/12/2012 13:53

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm miscarrying too at 8 weeks, started on Friday. I'm having the second of two blood tests today to check hormone levels, the midwife said if all goes normally I should get a negative pg test in about 2 weeks, if that helps? Are your levels being checked too? Hope you're doing ok. I just want to get on with ttc again (it takes us ages...) but have been told I need to wait til after my next period.

lavender39 · 19/12/2012 14:10

diyqueen im sorry to hear youre in the same position too :-(
I had a ERPC booked for monday, but cancelled it as i miscarried sunday..ive got a scan booked for tomorrow to check that everything is out, i think it is as i seemed to pass everything in one go. They may do my bloods tomorrow, not sure.
This pregnancy was a surprise, but definitely was to get on with ttc again...my partner isnt quite so sure tho, hes worried that something might go wrong again...but im sure we can talk and he can come round to my way of thinking ;-)

OP posts:
Bakingtins · 19/12/2012 17:32

It took 3 weeks for me to get a BFN after MC at 8 weeks.

diyqueen · 20/12/2012 20:32

Lavender, I hope all went ok today. It's horrible having a scan for a miscarriage isn't it, I had thought that next time I saw that scan room would be to see a tiny baby bouncing about in there, instead there was just an empty space and a few 'clots'. I have to go back to the hospital for more blood tests tomorrow, sick of the place now. Hope you're doing as ok as can be expected and looking after yourself.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.