My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

When did your period come after miscarriage?

4 replies

applesandbears · 05/12/2012 16:41

I had a miscarriage in October, I'm not exactly sure of the date because I had what I thought was a normal period from the 8th to the 14 of oct then started bleeding again on the 18 of oct. Im not sure when I should say the miscarriage started??

When should I be expecting my period? I know everyone is different but I really thought my body would be back no normal by now??

I think I bled till about nov the 5th, I can't be sure as it was all abit of a blur really

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
MrsJohnDeere · 05/12/2012 18:23

I had an ERPC in mid October (no bleeding at all before this) and am now having my period - I think - 6 weeks later.

I say 'I think' because it is so unlike any period I've had before that I'm in two minds as to whether it actually is a period or just bleeding associated with my body expelling something residual.Confused Am on day 7 of bleeding now, and have had a lot of pain with it.

iwasyoungonce · 05/12/2012 18:25

6 weeks later.

Sorry for your loss.

applesandbears · 05/12/2012 20:05

Oh mrsj I hope it stops soon, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thanks iwas.

So if I go from when the bleeding started on the 8th it's been about 8 weeks :(
There is no bloody sign of it coming, I just know when it does it will be awful :(

OP posts:
Bakingtins · 11/12/2012 14:00

Mine was about 5 weeks both times, but I know people where it has been much longer. I guess we are all different in how long it takes to get back to normal, and I think how far along you were and how long it takes HCG to drop back to zero probably affects it. Mine was 2 weeks after I got a negative HPT, if that helps at all.
I'm sorry for your loss, I hope AF arrives soon and you are reassured that your body is healed.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.