My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

pregnant or not?

2 replies

cait43 · 31/03/2011 08:56

I thought I was 9wks pregnant and I started to bleed, this was 2wks ago. I went in for a scan and was told there wasnt a 9wk pregnancy, so they did an internal scan and it showed a 10mm sac but it was too small to detect life. I kept bleeding and suffered abdo cramps. I went to see my gp she said it sounds like its a full mc. I rang the early pregnacy clinic and they said wait til the bleeding has stopped for a week then do a pregnancy test so they can close done my case once a negative is shown. I did a test today expecting a negative and its now possitive. Im all over the place, am I still pregnant? or can it be a false possitive? I am awaiting a callback from the epc to book back in for another scan. Its an emotional whirlwind. Not sure how much more my emotions can take.

OP posts:
artifarti · 31/03/2011 12:24

Hi cait43, so sorry you are going through this. The pregnancy hormones can take a while to leave your body after a miscarriage and it is these hormones that a pregnancy test detects, even in very small amounts. Have you had a call back from the EPU yet to get a date for a scan? I'm surprised they didn't ask you back in for a second scan in the first place to see if there was any change in the sac and confirm (or not) a mc. Hopefully they will be able to tell you exactly where you are at when you have a scan. Miscarriage is definitely an emotional whirlwind, make sure that you have lots of support and people to look after you. Thinking of you. x

cait43 · 31/03/2011 20:10

I had a call from the EPU was called in and had bllod test. went home n waited for the call for the results, got the call and they say its a reasonably high level of hormone so im goin in tomoro afternoon for the scan. they are concerned that either its a sac growing without a baby, or its got a baby thats not growing properly and they may have to recommend a termination. So I wont know till the scan.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.