My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

No ovulation after mc?

3 replies

Messing · 01/02/2011 11:50

Hoping someone can advise me.

I had an early natural mc in November of last year, and since then have had what seem like normal, regular cycles with EWCM but no ovulation detected at all (I use Clearblue OPK).

I'm concerned that everything seems normal except for the actual ovulation. Pre-mc, I used OPKs and always picked up ovulation around day 14-15.

Should I just wait a bit longer for things to return to normal, or is it worth getting check out asap? Age is not on my side, unfortunately.

TIA.

OP posts:
luckyfor2 · 01/02/2011 12:28

Hi MissIng
I just want to say how sorry I am for your loss. I had a mc at 16 weeks on 11 January and it is driving me mad not knowing when I will ovulate next (I'm doing OPK every day). This is my third mc in a year and am desperate to ttc.

I have heard/read that ovulation can take a few months after mc to return to normal. However, if I don't ovulate for one or two months I will be going to the doctors as I find the waiting very painful. Not sure whether they can prescribe anything but its worth a try.

I have also seen posts re. Agnus Castus (herbal remedy) and how it regulates ovulation but not used it myself.

daisytaylor · 01/02/2011 12:29

Hi, so sorry to hear of your mc. When i had a mmc a year ago i didn't show ovulation for 6 months after but then all went back to normal. I also went on and concieved again.I would wait a little longer as it can take a while for your body to return to normal but if you are worried contact your gp for some advice.
Hope this has helped you a bit.

thinkingpositive · 01/02/2011 18:19

Hi Missing.
Firstly sorry about the MC.
I had a mmc and had the D&C on the 5th of Jan.
I normally ovulate in the 3rd week of the cycle but didnt. I use the OPK from the second week and i finally ovulated in the 4th week. Are you testing everyday?

Word of advice if you are trying to save money, these OPK can be very expensive.
Search online for the "Ovulation (LH) Test Strips. You can get 20 for £2.34.

Secondly, there is a tablet "Clomid" that the Doctor can pescribe you that makes you ovulate 2 days after taking it. Ask your doctor about it.

Good Luck and i hope this helps!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.