My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find support and share your experiences on our Miscarriage forum.

Miscarriage/pregnancy loss

Need help

13 replies

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 14:58

Had a scan yesterday they said everything was okay and now i'm bleeding heavily and losing clots. Help!

OP posts:
Crystal5 · 19/01/2011 15:23

Bless you- does sound like a m/c to me sweetie. Maybe not as some people do bleed in early pregnancy. I was given the hope from others that it was harmless bleeding with all of my m/c. It never was though.
Take it easy for the rest of the day. Are you in any pain?
Have you m/c before? xx

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 15:24

Not in major pain no. Got backache a bit and yeah 3 times :-( xx

OP posts:
Lettie70 · 19/01/2011 15:35

Oh Krissy, this sounds horrendous and a day after your scan. You should go and see a GP or a doctor. With my last m/c I just walked straight in to A&E as it was a Saturday. Have you had any successful pregnancies?? It sounds like you should be being looked after by a recurrent miscarriage unit.
Really really sorry you're going through this.

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 15:36

Yeah i've got a son who's nearly 3. But ever since having him I cant seem to carry to term :-( thanks for your support guys

OP posts:
IfAtFirstUDontSucceed · 19/01/2011 15:46

Take yourself down to A&E. My docs receptionist have been told to advise any pregant ladies who are bleeding to go straight to A&E (this was also backed up by the EPU when I called them). You will need some reassurance. Good Luck, I hope all is OK for you x

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 16:03

The epau here wont take me unless refered by my gp, my gp wont see me until morning so I gotta sit and wait this one out and hope for the best. The a&e will just say there isn't anything they can do and send me home. I feel hopeless, just dont know what to do anymore

OP posts:
Lettie70 · 19/01/2011 16:10

The A&E can refer you and book you in to the EPU for tomorrow though and will save you going via your GP first. Really best of luck. It's so cruel.

JugglingMama · 19/01/2011 16:15

So sorry krissy..the same happened me, one scan fine, and a week later, not..its totally awful. i hope they can let you know whats going on for definite so you can get your head around whatever scenario. poor you. x

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 16:18

Thank you. My partner is going to take me down to the a&e now, just needed time to calm down. Thanks everyone really for your support. Your right it is so cruel, my son keeps coming and hugging me. He's so young and doesn't understand :-( i'm starting to hate my life

OP posts:
Crystal5 · 19/01/2011 21:15

Poor you....I also have a 3yr old and 6 m/c.
It just seems so wrong doesn't it? I know to have one child is a blessing but its hard, I really want him to have a sibling and to go through pregnancy again would be a dream come true.
All my recurrent m/c tests are fine??(I'm almost 39!!-you?) xx

banana87 · 19/01/2011 21:58

I hope everything is ok xx

KrissyLuvSam · 19/01/2011 23:35

Aww bless you crystal5. They haven't tested me for anything to see whats wrong tbh, they never offered me tests. And i'm almost 18 still young but doesn't make it any easier xx I hope you get your wish soon xx

OP posts:
MrsB33 · 19/01/2011 23:52

krissy try not too get too upset, as of yet you dont know it is a mc yet, and if it is theres nothing you can do to control the outcome.. With my mc i went to a&e as the bleeding increased, after a 2 hour wait and an examination i was sent home, there really isnt anything they can do, until youve had your scan...
The nhs recommend if your bleeding through a pad an hour, feel faint or un well then you should go to a&e does this apply to you??
Ive only had one mmc, mine was at 13 week and i mc,d naturally at home, wasnt a pleasent experience but a&e couldnt of helped. Sorry if thats harsh but thats exactly what the midwife at the epu told me. Good luck, i will keep my fingers crossed for you, xxx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.