My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Connect with other parents seeking middle school advice.

Middle schools

Sch embarrassing son

8 replies

sillypeople · 12/03/2024 22:09

So my son was on a que to get/buy his lunch at secondary sch
And he was pulled out to go to the office because they said he hadn't got enough money in his account

He went to the office & the sch called me saying I should put money in his account and I told them there was enough money there for his lunch

I am very upset that my son was embarrassed like that and I called the after a couple of hours to say that was not right at all and they said the part I needed to speak to was not there but will. Call me back ( that was yesterday) no call yet

Also son told me that thief tutor came to their class to read out the names of the people that haven't finished paying for a sch trip later in the year and she mentioned everyone's name and the amount owed in front of the whole class

Is this the norm or am I just being too sensitive or what.
I haven't even complained about the class issue yet 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

OP posts:
Dacadactyl · 12/03/2024 22:18

I think that this is a non issue tbh.

Just tell your son that people make mistakes and not to be embarrassed about it.

sillypeople · 12/03/2024 22:23

He is not even embarrassed but I am for him

OP posts:
mdinbc · 12/03/2024 22:23

I don't think that's fair to the kids, and they should call you directly.

Itslegitimatesalvage · 12/03/2024 22:27

Did he actually have enough money for what he would normally buy? Did they mix him up with another child?

The school trip thing is normal from when I was at school. They did that then. Maybe it’s not normal now because everyone is wrapped in cotton wool.

RaininSummer · 12/03/2024 22:27

He wasn't embarrassed so surely there is no need for you to be embarrassed on his behalf.

Dacadactyl · 12/03/2024 22:27

sillypeople · 12/03/2024 22:23

He is not even embarrassed but I am for him

Well if its not bothering him, don't worry about it.

These things happen.

sillypeople · 12/03/2024 22:30

There was money in his account for lunch so he should not have been pulled out of the queue at all

I don't think is right or normal for a the sch to be announcing how much money is owed for the sch trip. Just tell them they owe money or tell them how much is owed privately

OP posts:
dreadisabaddog · 12/03/2024 22:35

Your child isn't bothered? If you're bothered be up to date on all payments so it can't happen. Not sure what else you want anyone to say

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.