My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Low-carb diets

Week 7 - Summer Low Carb Bootcamp - Hurtling to the Finish Line!

453 replies

BIWI · 10/06/2013 08:32

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend and that there wasn't too much cheating! Grin

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

So we have four weeks left. Time to shed a good few more pounds if you stick to the rules

I go on holiday in less than three weeks, so it's nose to the grindstone for me from now on.

OP posts:
BIWI · 11/06/2013 08:35

How lovely having celebratory music!

But what does it play when you've put weight back on?!

OP posts:
BIWI · 11/06/2013 08:36

I have had a long run of badness I'm afraid, so I haven't weighed this week. But as I now only have 2.5 weeks before I go on holiday, and there is a swimming pool involved in this holiday, Things Will Have To Start Getting Stricter chez BIWI.

OP posts:
Tigglette · 11/06/2013 08:56

TCT no real words if wisdom, I just keep following the plan as best I can. In saying that there's been the odd slip or three among the way but by and large I keep a tight rein on the carbs. I do have a lot to loose though which does make it easier - I know I'll slow down at some point. I did loose just 1lb in three weeks though, the trick is not to loose focus because of the number on the scales.

Just keep going, that's all :-)

tigerchair · 11/06/2013 09:03

Hi everyone Smile

I didn't have a very good first day Sad
Had an upset stomach, felt really ill later on yesterday. Ate two meals according to the rules but got a real need for something starchy/sugary when my tummy ache eased and ended up having crisps/biscuits!!! Annoyed with myself because I have resisted these for the last few weeks but it found it impossible last night to cope with the craving. Dosed up with loperamide yesterday and feel a bit better. Hoping to make it to gym still today but don't think my tum could handle anything like bacon or eggs today. Anyone got a suggestion what might be more gentle on my stomach but still be ok for the rules?

decaffwithcream · 11/06/2013 09:09

I find the lidl yoghurt good for an upset stomach - quite thick and creamy so sits in your stomach the way that starches do.

Or something like cream cheese or peanut butter on cucumber or on cheese slices?

decaffwithcream · 11/06/2013 09:10

The lidl yoghurt is the one in a big bucket with a greek name and 10% fat btw. Some people use Total full fat either.

CrabbyBigBottom · 11/06/2013 09:11

BIWI it plays sad, reproachful music, to make you feel bad and fat! Grin

tigerchair · 11/06/2013 09:13

Thanks decaff, I have some full fat greek yog in the fridge, think that might be a good idea Smile

BerylStreep · 11/06/2013 09:17

Yeeeesss!! Fist pumps all round!

I was 89.8kg on the scales this morning. I have finally broken through the 90kg mark after what seems like weeks of hovering. I didn't even need to remove my watch or rings!

TorrieLou · 11/06/2013 09:33

HI All, I've been lurking on here for the last 6 weeks, following what you are all eating etc, I feel the time has come for me to reveal myself, as I weighed in this morning at 8st 3lb a loss of 9 lbs. My target is 7st 11lb which is what I should be according to scales in boots + I have holiday in 6 weeks I hate exercise so am relying on this WOE. Thanks all for your inspiration.

prettybird · 11/06/2013 09:49

Übercamp due methinks BIWI Grin

Negroni · 11/06/2013 10:12

Wow Tigglette and congratulations to all the other losers. I think that is the key though, Tigglette, you just have to keep going.

This thread is really helping me on my strict bootcamp few days. Yesterday was fine but makes me realise how much I had got used to nibbling on cheese and using half a glass of wine as a treat - it was a dull day chez Negroni yesterday, but I did try celeriac for the very first time. Mashed it with some tuna and made celeriac and tuna fish cakes which I fried in butter - a success!

Beryl can't believe you weighed with rings and watch on. I even take my hair band off if I am wearing one to lose those extra grammes - ridiculous, I know Hmm

thebestpossibletaste · 11/06/2013 10:40

I've never tried celeriac Negroni because our local supermarkets don't stock it, but might try and get it with my online shopping. I keep seeing it mentioned for mashing, chips etc. Celeriac and tuna fish cakes sounds nice!

Well done everyone.

kiwigirl42 · 11/06/2013 10:54

yay, I've lost a pound since yesterday, after sts past 2 wks. so have hit the 90kg/ 200lb mark! chuffed.

couch25cakes · 11/06/2013 11:13

I'm up a little today but its early in the week so I'm not too worried. I tried the yoghurt with cream for breakfast, and mashed two strawberries into it, it was delicious. I just couldn't face another egg and this made a nice change.

Prawn and mayo salad for lunch :)

MrsCoyote · 11/06/2013 11:24

STS this week (week 3 for me). Maybe too much cheese, yoghurt and cream. And processed meat like ham, bacon and sausage, probably.

I am going to avoid dairy except double cream in my morning coffee.

rubybricks · 11/06/2013 11:52

morning losers!

another backsliding, wine-quaffing, crisp-eating, sorry excuse for a low carbing week here - scales show 10s10 this morning (think that's where i was 3 weeks ago Blush but as others have said, i really notice the difference in how my clothes fit!

have been sticking to the plan during the daytime, mostly eating the same things but the problem has been the wine that goes along with the fab barbeque/entertaining weather and once i have a glass of wine, all my good intentions seem to go out the window.

haven't posted much as life has been hectic but am trying to keep up with the thread - well done crabby on the painkillers btw - and like a few other posters, considering cutting out dairy as i think i have too much of it.

Today:
B: lidl yog, double cream, 10 blueberries stirred in for excitement
L: 2 fried eggs & mushrooms - looking forward already though not at all hungry
D: pan fried salmon, wilted spinach (not sure i'm doing this right - the texture is really very sludgy!)

can i just ask - if i'm in ketosis, then on every occasion when i slip up, say by having a chocolate biscuit/bar/pack of crisps - does that then put me out of ketosis? and for how long, until that is burnt off, or does it take another few days?? (sorry, you can tell i don't really understand the science bit!)

and even though i am struggling at times (usually just evenings) i really am convinced this WOE works and works well - i am never hungry between meals (and when i have slipped, it hasn't been due to hunger either - more bloodymindedness). i look better, my clothes fit better and i can't believe that i have come even this far on this journey with you all. big thanks again to BIWI and Willie and everyone else for posting with encouragement and your stories.Flowers

CiderwithBuda · 11/06/2013 12:12

Negroni - sounds like you did better than me yesterday. You mentioning your coffee reminded me that I had had 4 cups of tea with milk. And than I had wine as per late night confession up thread. Celeriac and tuna fishcakes sound interesting.

Well my wine drinking ended up in me waking up at 1.40am and not being able to get back to sleep. Dozed at around 6 and alarm went off at 6.30. So I took DH to station at 7, came back and got DS to school and then went back to bed. Read for a while and then slept till around 11.30.

B was a slice of ham
L - not sure yet. About to forage in fridge. Probably chicken and salad.
D - roast pork with crackling and mashed turnip and some roast veg

LilyAmaryllis · 11/06/2013 12:15

Well done and welcome TorrieLou. Well done so many losers! Crabby well done on your celebratory music. I am sure I would not be getting celebratory music yet. BUT I am visibly changed already, which is so great for the confidence. My hated back-fat is less than half what it was and I noticed yesterday my thighs don't bulge in the ways they used to. (I will know I've succeeded on this WOE when ALL the back-fat is gone!)

B was total yoghurt, avocado and cucumber, (not mixed together obvs!), just trying an egg free breakfast.

rubybricks though I'm not solid on the science either, I think eating the choc biscuits would fill up the glycogen stores which means no ketosis til they are empty again. I think it means the glycogen would then be the fuel for the body, not the fat (which might get stored!). So I think that is what BIWI means when she says its not a forgiving way of eating.

nappyaddict · 11/06/2013 12:33

maidofmuss How was the grass fed lamb? Where do you get your grass fed meat from?

captainmummy · 11/06/2013 12:34

Torrie - your target is 7st11? What height are you? This WOE will not let you go too low, as it burns fat, not carbs. Unlike other diets which leach from bones,muscles, fat stores, indiscriminately .

Talk of changing shape reminds me - after years, nay decades of low-fat high carb eating, my 'love handles' have now gone, and they went within about 2 months of starting low-carbing.

Thighs are thinner, bum is smaller, back fat is gone - all the female fat stores are being used up. Only a bit of stomach flab to go now!

prettybird · 11/06/2013 12:53

I'm going to have to log another week of STS Sad all the wine over the sunny weekend had nothing whatsoever to do with it Blush

I did get the scales to lie briefly show 10stone 9lb, but the two subsequent 2 attempts were both 10stone 10lb and one at 10stone 11lb so I'll accept the STS Wink

bulletwithbutterflywings · 11/06/2013 13:21

Lots of sugary gremlins in my head today - they all look like Bertie Bassett. Man alive I want some licorice allsorts....

QueenofDreams · 11/06/2013 13:43

Just a quick pop in, got loads of cleaning to do then pick up ds from nursery.

My back fat is nearly all gone. But I'm still about half way between the top of my healthy range and the bottom of obese, according to the nhs bmi calculator. But I'm 5'3 so I shouldn't be over 10 stone at all. Thighs, bum, lovehandles and arms are all still pretty fat, but less than they were, and my belly is now smaller than my boobs Grin

Had 2 bacon, 1 fried egg, courgette in cream cheese for breakfast.

Need to find something for lunch - we're low on food but have some coming this afternoon.

JaxTellerIsAllMine · 11/06/2013 14:01

hi, just checking in... and running

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.