My feed

to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

he just wont help at all with holiday care - I am fed up - feel like telling him he can have them

7 replies

isheisnthe · 14/07/2008 16:36

and deal with it - and I will have them 1 day a week, for 23 hours (12 of which they sleep) and then drop them round relatives until its time for him to pick them up - as this is the extent of his parenting.

I would never never want them to go to him, they are my boys and I love them, but I am sick sick sick of me having to cover every half term, holiday, bank holiday, summer holidays (while he goes away for 3 weeks with some old dog - but he can't take time off to look after our sons!)

I know I'm ranting but I am fed up to the back teeth. fucked off, totally

OP posts:
GrapefruitMoon · 14/07/2008 16:42

I assume you are working? Is it feasible to book them into a holiday club (or threaten to) and tell him he has to pay 50% of the costs if he doesn't look after them himself?

isheisnthe · 14/07/2008 16:46

I asked him if he would go halves with me, or have them for one/two weeks or offer anything - I get nothing back from him. I work P/T (NHS - pays F all) and I dont feel I should have to have total responsibility - Christ I didnt make them myself - he was there!

That and I looked after my SD's for the last 8 years in holidays - as he wanted them about but doesnt seem to want our DS's quite as much - heart breaking, truely is.

OP posts:
CarGirl · 14/07/2008 16:49

I honestly think you should report his company for their tax/NI dodges make him get a proper jobe so you can claim the CSA you are entitled to.

isheisnthe · 14/07/2008 17:34

he's such a twisty fucker I know he will get away with it.

Not helped by the fact I am ill, have got a v sore throat and glands like golf balls, as has ds2 and theres no one to help.

Feeling very sorry for myself, while that wanker is laughing up his sleave at me, as they did lie to the CSA so now his payment has gone down - knew it was a risk but there you go. Thats why I feel like saying you have them, as if on his wage all he has to pay is 75 quid a week on mine I bet I would have to pay him a fiver, if that!

OP posts:
CarGirl · 14/07/2008 17:55

Truly report his company to the Inland Revenue why should they not be paying up what everyone else is???? Your Ex may even get a big tax bill and have to sell his big house

Tinkerbel6 · 15/07/2008 12:08

Ishe resign yourself to the fact that as a lone parent you are responsible for all child care, that way you wont set yourself up for dissapointment, if your ex does help out in the meantime then its a bonus, do you claim working tax credits and can you get holidays clubs paid for ?

isheisnthe · 15/07/2008 12:19

I have resigned myself to it - jsut having a week were I resent it - as I am ill and so are both DC's.

I know I just need to get on with it - onwards and upwards

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.