My feed

to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

Help! Can i claim Housing Benefit for interest-only mortgage?

1 reply

allgonebellyup · 31/10/2007 12:22

Have post this in Legal/Money section too.

Need help as my ex who was paying the mortgage has decided to stop and we dont want to lose our home! i dont work yet and so cant pay it myself, though i hope to in a couple of years.
We took the mortgage out nearly 2yrs ago and it was for £150K.

Am i entitled to any help? Have heard you must be on IS for 6 months first..

OP posts:
Rosasmum · 31/10/2007 13:41

Hi, unfortunately you don't get any help with mortgage payments until you have been receiving IS for almost 10 months. It is one of many things wrong with the system

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.