My feed

to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

ex being an arse!

2 replies

fuzzlepelts · 22/08/2006 12:35

Some advice needed.... My neice and bf split some 4 months ago after a disastrous relationship - they have a gorgeous 21 month old son.
He pays her a nominal amount each week, doesn't stick to the arrangements they make. He slags her off in their local pub and now, despite the weekly pronouncements of "I luv my boy and all I want is to be with 'im" all he does when he has him is take him to the pub for hours on end where is is exposed to smoke, drunken behaviour and the obvious danger of escaping or being knocked over. How can she approach this. Although he is not physically violent, he is extremely agressive verbally and can be quite intimidating. Is there anything she can do to stop him from doing this?

OP posts:
Freckle · 22/08/2006 12:38

If she is the primary carer, she can just stop him taking the child. If he objects, he can then apply to the court for a contact order. Sounds as though he probably wouldn't bother though.

BrookeandTaylorsmummy · 22/08/2006 12:57

I agree with freckle, go through the courts, maybe the father will get his act together or not bother at all either way your nieces ds will be better off (I'm a lone parent where my exdh hasnt seen his 20 month old dd for over a year and never met our son 6.5 months, can't say we are any worse off infact we are better, he was knob too!)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.