Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

London

Tufnell Park and surrounding area

7 replies

Thesamguy7 · 23/02/2018 14:36

I’m looking for views from people who live ideally in Tufnell Park area on how safe it is in and around the local area walking late at night and by the tube station etc.

We are looking at options to purchase a property and have spent months analysing all the different factors and what would be the best fit for commute affordability amenities and safety. Tufnel Park comes out n.o1 BUT there have been some recent stabbings in nearby Kentish Town and Camden I believe and we saw that Archway and Tufnel Park seem to be a prime hotspot for crimes, muggings, moped mobile thefts and burgularies also seem more proement In this area + also up to East Finchley.

I know the usual ‘bad things happen all over London’ but the point is ows anyone have in depth good knowledge and insight of the reality of specifically the Tufnell Park and direct surrounding areas, how safe are they, how often have you actually witnessed ASB or thefts etc etc and do you feel safe around these areas when it’s dark or late especially given the rise in gang crime and stabbings very recently and over the last few years.

OP posts:
MrsPatmore · 23/02/2018 15:13

I think if you are looking for a 'safe' inner London place, you might be disappointed. Tufnell Park, Camden etc have always been 'edgy'. Why not try a bit further out; High Barnet, Totteridge etc. More suburban, but safer.

hardheadedwoman · 23/02/2018 15:20

Tufnell Park is pretty safe, take usual precautions ie don’t walk down the street with phone on display same as anywhere else. It’s got a good community atmosphere. never witnessed theft here. Was previously in Camden - supposed to be edgier but I only saw minor crime and it was very rare (couple of times in 15 years)

Thesamguy7 · 23/02/2018 17:26

Thank you. Any other area suggestions which are more suburban but still under 1 hr commute to London Bridge and Oxford Circus would be great.

OP posts:
Davros · 23/02/2018 19:06

I've got a few friends who live in Tufnell Park, none of whom know eachother. All have brought up children there who are now teens who go to both state and independent schools. I don't think there are any problems out of the ordinary and it's a great location with good schools nearby.

ourkidmolly · 23/02/2018 19:08

Unless you're a teenage male of Somalian descent, the chances of you being stabbed in Camden are infinitesimal.

blackberryfairy · 23/02/2018 19:12

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anna92 · 06/03/2018 13:47

I live very close to the stabbing that happened on Maldon Road and don't feel unsafe at all. There are some less desirable areas around Camden/Kentish Town/Tufnell Park/Darmouth Park but on the whole it's a lovely area filled with young professionals and families. There are lots of schools, a lovely community feel and great access to central London. In summer I can walk to my office in Westminster in an hour, and it's a lovely walk through Regents Park. Lots of central London is surprisingly accessible by foot from there and nice walks in.
I grew up in EF and definitely don't feel less safe now, but the areas definitely have different vibes.
Not sure of budget, but if you want 'safer' inner city areas around there, I guess Hampstead, Primrose Hill or Highgate might be the way forward. But they are substantially more expensive.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.