My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Life-limiting illness

My dad has cancer

4 replies

user20386 · 07/08/2017 22:02

That's it really. Got the news today. It's spread to his bone and is advanced.
I'm beyond devastated I love him so much and the thought of life without him hurts me so badly.
He only retired in April after working his entire life, life isn't fair he's a decent man he doesn't deserve this.
I work in a cancer hospital so deal with it daily I just never thought it'd effect me.
Please somebody hold my hand I'm not strong enough for this.

OP posts:
OurHouseAtTheEndOfOurStreet · 07/08/2017 22:04

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad user20386. Cancer is indiscriminate as you know but the timing of your Dad's cancer sounds desperately unfair. Wishing you much strength during the time ahead. Huge hugs.

user20386 · 07/08/2017 22:22

Thank you. I just can't believe it. Had to see crisis team last night I'm on the brink of a breakdown.

OP posts:
Hotpinkangel19 · 08/08/2017 12:46

@user20386 I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I know how you feel. My DM died 7 weeks ago and last week they found out my DF has Terminal Kidney Cancer, already spread to both lungs. I'm absolutely devastated. It's so so unfair x

user20386 · 08/08/2017 23:08

Oh hotpink that's doubly cruel I'm so sorry. It's not fair one bit. I just can't believe it. Waiting for biopsy next week just need to know what's next x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.