My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This board is primarily for those whose children have LGBTQ+ parents to share their personal experiences and advice.

LGBT parents

Parental responsibility orders - practical advice London

2 replies

chachamum · 14/12/2007 15:25

Has anyone been through the process of registering the non biological mum of a lesbian couple for parental responsibility for a newborn? I have downloaded the forms from the internet, and see that they have to be witnessed by a court official, not a solicitor, anyone got any advice about the best place to go - we live in East London, and want to process to be as stress free as possible.

OP posts:
Sparks · 14/12/2007 18:17

Hi chachamum. My dp and I have done this. We went to the Principal Registry of the Family Division in High Holborn. You need to bring along your passports for ID and your civil partnership certificate along with the forms. The court official checked the forms for us, checked our IDs and watched us sign the forms. Then he took them away and gave all the paperwork to the clerk who deals with the parental responsibility orders. We waited around for a few minutes and then the clerk came out with our completed agreement.

To be honest, the whole thing was easy, no stress at all. The court staff were professional and helpful. We were in and out of there in about 20 minutes. Then we went out for lunch to celebrate.

chachamum · 16/12/2007 17:51

Hi Sparks

Thanks, thats really helpful

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.