Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Prisoner help

ShamefullPast · 05/07/2022 11:11

hi
is there anyway I can find out if this monster has been released yet and we’re he is? Isn’t there some kind of law we’re you can check we’re a sex offender is ?

thankyou

www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/1648215.rapist-jailed-for-brutal-assaults/

OP's posts:
Please
or

ComtesseDeSpair · 05/07/2022 14:34

Are you the victim, or their parent or close relative? You can apply to join the Victim Contact Scheme which entitles you to be told if the offender has moved to an open prison, be told if the offender is being considered for release, or ask for additional conditions to be added to an offender’s licence, for example stopping the offender coming near your home.

Otherwise no, there is no law or mechanism allowing for ordinary members of the public to locate an offender or ex offender.

Please
or

ShamefullPast · 05/07/2022 16:47

I am not the victim of this crime in the paper but this same person raped me when I was 14. It was in 1996 and he went to prison then. He obviously got let out from that crime then went and committed this crime. It would just give me peace of mind
to know his general we’re abouts.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Allthegoodnamesaregoneffs · 09/07/2022 10:25

Please
or

Allthegoodnamesaregoneffs · 09/07/2022 10:26

But as said, if they don't consent to the info being shared, there isn't anything you can do

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.