Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Anyone successfully claimed costs back from Easyjet?

Oldhag5 · 03/07/2022 20:22

easyjet cancelled our flight and couldn’t offer us an alternative flight for 5 days. So we went ahead and booked our own flights with a different airline 2 days later but they were very expensive, approximately £4000 for 5 one way flights and then we had to spend about £900 on the airport hotel for 2 nights. Plus our food. We have put in a claim for costs which I have been told they are obliged to pay but I am getting increasingly nervous as the deadline for their response looms. Has anyone been in a similar situation and they actually paid out? Did they argue over any of the costs you submitted? And if they did what did you then do? Interested to hear any experiences! Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsWobble3 · 04/07/2022 14:57

When this happened to us we got our flights refunded and compensation but nothing for alternative costs. Our claim was rejected initially but then agreed following arbitration.

Please
or

Oldhag5 · 04/07/2022 16:20

Thanks for your reply.
What reason did they give for not refunding hotel and food costs?
And how did the arbitration process work?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gonegrey31 · 04/07/2022 16:23

I had accommodation and flights refunded . Meals would also have been refunded but I did not have a breakdown of items, and EasyJet won’t pay for alcohol so claim rejected .

Please
or

Oldhag5 · 04/07/2022 16:37

Oh I didn’t know that! We had a glass of wine with one of our meals does that mean the entire claim will be rejected??

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gonegrey31 · 04/07/2022 17:08

That’s what happened to me. Had the bills been itemised the food would have been reimbursed. I only had receipts giving the total . And I therefore could not provide evidence that the bills were for food only .

Please
or

Oldhag5 · 04/07/2022 17:35

That’s unbelievable. Thanks for the information anyway!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.