Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Pregnant with number 5.... advice and support needed

nadgersbadgers · 13/01/2022 07:37

I thought when we had 3 it was some sort of exclusive number that wasn't the norm. Then 4 was a shock but an absolute blessing. Number 5, very much wanted due in the summer. Last baby. DH is getting a vasectomy.

We haven't told any one and frankly I can't face the comments. We both work full time, own house etc. Still the comments will come.

Advice on how to tell our eldest? It's her that I'm most worried about. I don't think she's going to love the idea.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PinkTonic · 13/01/2022 08:30

How old is she? Will her objections/concerns be valid? Surely you have rationalised it in your own heads before embarking on a 5th pregnancy so wouldn’t you just share your thinking?

Please
or

nadgersbadgers · 13/01/2022 10:26

@PinkTonic she's 15

Yes but my rationale is most certainly not the same as hers.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Luredbyapomegranate · 13/01/2022 18:44

What would bother her about it?

Just not into babies or more than that?

Please
or

Chely · 13/01/2022 18:54

Our eldest was 15 when we announced number 6 was on the way (5th successful pregnancy). Hubby just blurted it out as he couldn't keep it in anymore after I got back from the dating scan. Eldest wasn't bothered at all through the pregnancy but the only time I see her smiling is when she's holding the baby (now 5mth), it's funny and adorable. The younger 4 were very excited and wanted to feel/watch her wriggling, not so interested in her after birth until she became more interactive.

Please
or

nadgersbadgers · 14/01/2022 17:01

I don't know - I'm now 14 weeks and we still haven't told any one. Think it's now becoming a bigger issue in my head than it needs to be.

She's very cool and an amazing big sister but I suppose I feel guilty that I've decided to have another baby!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.