Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

what car fits 3 car seats?

mumoftwox · 20/09/2018 21:47

hi everyone, I have recently just found out in pregnant and have a 5 year old, soon to be 4 year old and will have new born when time comes. I was wondering what cars are suitable for 3 car seats and what do other parents in this position do? thankyou

OP's posts:
Please
or

combatbarbie · 20/09/2018 22:32

SMAX, we've had 6 over the years and loved them, spacious big boot and still enough for a buggy when all 7 seats are up.

Please
or

24carrot · 21/09/2018 09:10

We have a Q7 and it’s great. I like being high up and feel very safe in it. We managed to get all three across the 2nd row with baby in her rear-facing baby seat seatbelted in to the middle and older two in high-back boosters on either side. It was a squeeze but left us with the big boot. Now she’s moved up to the Group 1 seat however and the older two are back in the 3rd row so we need to get a roof box for longer trips as the boot won’t fit much more than the buggy.

Please
or

24carrot · 21/09/2018 09:12

P.S. I forgot to say... congratulations mumoftwox!

Please
or

PastramiAndRye · 21/09/2018 09:38

We have a VW Touran. It's got two foldable seats in the boot that have isofix, as well as three seats across the back, all with isofix. My kids are nearly 5, 3 and 5 months.

Please
or

melissasummerfield · 21/09/2018 09:40

I have a citreon c4 grand picasso and children of similar ages and they all fit in the back row, with a huge boot and the 2 other seats if you need them Smile

Please
or

Babyiwantabump · 21/09/2018 09:42

I have a Citroen C4 Picasso and have 3 car seats across the back as they are all full sized seats

Please
or

Mj312 · 21/09/2018 09:48

We have a honda FRV, it's a 6 seater so has 3 in the back and 3 in the front. Ours fit two high back boosters and a pebble in the back no problems :)

Please
or

LusaCole · 21/09/2018 09:52

I like the Ford S Max

Please
or

mammynowanauntyIRL · 21/09/2018 09:55

We've a Toyota Corolla verso 7 seater, smallest of the 7 seaters i think but three full individual seats across back & colossal boot. Au pair now drives it & I've a Ford Focus saloon, 3 seats are a nightmare in it!

Please
or

Muffin7 · 29/10/2018 19:29

We have just bought a Peugeot 5008 which is an SUV, it's a 7 seater with 3 iso fix across the middle. Good size car without being enormous.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.