Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Hair cuts

Ginandtonic100 · 28/01/2018 11:03

Do any of you cuts your children’s hair? It’s just dawned on me that hair cuts are going to be £50 a time for my 5 😳😳😳. They all have straight/fine hair so fairly easy, and I already cut my husband’s hair with clippers. Wondering if there’s some sort of beginners/easy course I could do?

OP's posts:
Please
or

youngnomore · 28/01/2018 11:06

YouTube. My dh bought a good machine from Argos. Followed videos and now cuts our dc perfectly. Saves a lot of money for sure.

Please
or

ForgivenessIsDivine · 28/01/2018 11:12

Have done for 7 years. Kids hated going to the hairdressers and they never quite did it right. I sometimes do the neighbours kids too. I have a set of scissors I bought from Amazon and feather / layer so no straight lines needed and sometimes adjust slightly in the days afterwards.

Please
or

Raver84 · 28/01/2018 23:33

I do my girls as it's so easy as I only trim it and it's long. They hate the salon but have been bwfore.

Please
or

crocodarl · 15/02/2018 11:43

We do ours. They're all boys, my husband has clippers and does his own, so now we have "Daddy's Salon" when he does all theirs. Used to take them to the hairdresser (same one as I go to and she's lovely, so she barely charged anything for the kids) but then the 2 older ones got headlice and after dealing with that we decided just to keep it really short until thye're old enough to care.

Please
or

Saladd0dger · 15/02/2018 11:52

I do. I have trained as a hairdresser years ago though. You could get yourself a training head, decent scissors and watch YouTube videos. It really is easy.

Please
or

eddiemairswife · 15/02/2018 12:00

I had a thinning/cutting implement I used for the boys. It must have been a traumatic experience, they still complain.(they are in their 50s!)

Please
or

yaela123 · 19/02/2018 18:39

I have 1 boy and 5 girls and used to trim DS's until he decided at 14 that he would rather pay himself to have it done properly Grin

I still do trim all the DDs' hair (all long and wavy) but they go to a salon occasionally for a proper new style if they really want.

Definitely saves a few quid!

Please
or

WhatTheFuckToSay · 19/02/2018 18:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.