Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Triple bunkbeds and bedroom sharing, any advice gratefully received.

whyme2 · 17/07/2012 15:50

We are soon to be moving into a three bedroom house with our four dcs, dd1 is 9, dd2 is 7, ds1 is 5 and dd3 is 4. In our last house the three girls shared - a high sleeper bed, cot bed underneath and a mid cabin bed. The boy had his own (tiny) room.
So now new house and ds doesn't want to be on his own so I was thinking:

Plan A - two youngest dcs in larger bedroom in bunk beds and two older girls in bunk beds in small room.

Plan B - a triple bunk in the larger bedroom for all three girls and ds on his own again. Will be about three years before he has to be on his own I think.

So I need to know if anyone has bought/used any triple bunks and would recommend them or if we should stick with the doubles? (We have to buy something anyway because the wooden bed broke as we were packing and the toddler bed is getting too short for the ex toddler).

OP's posts:
Please
or

Anypointinseeingdoc · 17/07/2012 15:55

No experience but I know a few people on here in the past have recommended www.pinebed.co.uk for triple bunks.

Please
or

whyme2 · 17/07/2012 16:10

Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

twonker · 20/07/2012 21:35

I've a friend with 4dc, and her youngest 2 shared a room for a few years (ds8 was and dd was 5 when they started sharing), they loved sharing, and the older one read stories for the younger one. I'm sure it's quite a good solution for the time being, and the older dd's will be able to have reading time with the light on without disturbing the little one . I would also be tempted to give the older girls the bigger room, as they will enjoy having their own space, while the little ones are happy to play anywhere.... And then when dd3 moves in with them, they'll already bein the bigger room. Good luck working it all out!

Please
or

SilkStalkings · 28/07/2012 22:03

If you have room I would recommend a triple bunk (single on top, double on bottom) AND a normal bunkbed. Just or purposes of bedhopping, emergency co-sleeping and sleepovers. You can never have enough beds IME.

Please
or

SilkStalkings · 28/07/2012 22:05

Look on eBay, sorted by distance, and take what crappy mattresses come with them until you are out of the bedwetting stage!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.